I bought 1 of these Flashpoint 4 Channel radio remote trigger sets. I bought an extra receiver. It has two hot shoes on each of the receivers, as well as a PC connection.

http://www.adorama.com/FPRRS4N.html

I’ve been using my Canon 600exrt as a background light and it has to hit the second moonlight to make it fire as well. It’s not great; my sync speed needs to stay 125 or lower. I shoot at 50 or 60 in here so it’s ok.

The fact that it required 1 of the moonlights to be fired by the speed light annoyed me. I considered a 3rd one of these receivers, but it starts not making logical sense. So I obviously went online and put 5 Pocket Wizards into my Adorama shopping cart before closing the browser window after seeing the total exceed $500.

Then I found Yonguo triggers.

http://www.yongnuostore.com/product/...sh-trigger_c3/

I read on this site that others have used them already, plus, despite being crap, they function at a good price performance equilibrium.

The Flashpoint 4 Channel triggers are not necessarily the cause for the slow sync, so the only other issue is that there is no umbrella rod screw to hold it in place. I am really glad I saw the versatility in these cheap flashpoint triggers as they got me through some photo shoots and now they are absolutely perfect for taking a speed light, or two, outdoors. This is where I start having questions.

I haven’t gotten the Yonnuos yet, they are expected soon though. I understand that in each set, two of which I ordered, one of each of the triggers has either a 1/8” or a PC. This is so that 1 may be used as a remote shutter and they provide the appropriate connector. Some say it is nice that it functions as shutter release and flash trigger simultaneously, so this is an advantage. Regardless of that, my concern is that of my 4 transceivers, two will have PC and two will have 1/8”. I was just curious if I had a 3rd moonlight, would I simply buy a 1/8” male to Mono male and it would be ok?

Dongduo says everything is interchangeable and everything, so I imagine it will be ok. I haven’t done product or anything where I would shoot on a tripod in the studio, so I don’t know if I would be using the release feature soon, but it seems like a good feature.

Second, most important question:

I got a cheap umbrella and put it on the speed light, bringing the built in 14mm diffuser down, the light pattern seems really centered, but it is definitely diffused. I have attached a picture, but not of the patterns I tested it with on the wall. The umbrella is just sort of wack. I wonder if a reverse of the umbrella and using one that has silver will provide a better result. It diffuses well, but is really bright in the center.

Also, I don’t want to pay $50 for a stick with a ¼” stud on it to mount the flashpoint outdoors flash holder thingy or carry a tripod to hold it. I’m more inclined to use the lightweight light stands I have, with an adapter for the 5/8” moonlight stud to ¼” threaded. Any ideas on that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BL3A2750.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	1805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BL3A2753.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	1806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	productimage-picture-yongnuo-rf-603-rf603-flash-trigger-2353.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	33.7 KB