Thread: Aperture 4 is coming!

Aperture 4 is coming!

Not to start a "less filling! Tastes great!" debate, but for anyone interested, Adobe sent me a survey and one of the questioned asked if I will be purchasing the forth coming Aperture upgrade.

Yes, I will.

Aperture 4 is coming!

Thanks for the update!

Actually, although I use Aperture 3, I'm not sure I'll upgrade to Aperture 4. I only use it for library management, which doesn't really need improving for my needs.

I'll upgrade and feel pretty certain I'll be let down but...

I really dislike Lightroom 4. I haven't tried 5 since I know if I don't purchase it after the beta is over it will be a nightmare going backward. I'm going to go with Aperture 4 when it arrives regardless. The few things LR is supposed to excel at don't really mean that much to me. The only reason I went with LR was due to aperture's inability to handle purple gradient.

You got me all excited when you said Aperture 4 is coming. I thought I had missed the big announcement. I'm sure there will be an Aperture 4 (or Aperture X, as has been widely rumored), but I haven't seen any solid evidence that a new release is imminent. I hope it is sooner rather than later. Aperture has a much better interface, is a better file management tool, makes better books, and has an outstanding skin smoothing tool. But the list of Aperture shortcomings is growing compared to Lightroom, most notably noise reduction, lens distortion correction, gradient tool, and the ability to launch multiple external editors (without manually changing Preferences).

Apple and Adobe have been playing leapfrog ever since Apple created this category of professional photo management software in 2005, but if LR5 beats a new full Aperture update to market, Adobe will be two hops ahead, or at least they will appear to be so. It will certainly start a lot of conversations about how Apple is abandoning professional graphic artists, that it only cares about iOS devices, that Apple is moving away from desktop commuters, etc. I am not one who will abandon Aperture if Apple doesn't make an announcement soon. However, prolonged silence from them will sow many seeds of doubt and others won't be as patient as I am. Of course, I have my limits, too.

I'm sure it will be announced along side the new Mac Pro Tim Cook promised. I'm guessing mid June. I'm really hoping they blow my socks off.

Re: Aperture 4 is coming!

Are they coming out with a new one? Last I heard (which had been months ago), it was that something is coming out for those that like macbook pros. It's the words and how he said it that seemed fishy or at least stayed vague in case something didn't pan out in terms of hardware. I hadn't been keeping up with that stuff though. I'd be great if they did.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

As far as the Mac Pro goes this is all I know

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...coming_in_2013

My guess is they are probably waiting on the the newer Thunderbolt tech from Intel.