Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Pets!

Re: Post Your Pets!

Bombsight, love the kitty. Great shot!

Fastglass, the bunny made me laugh the first time I saw it! Great pet.

Sean, you are a great stobist, but really a dog? Just kidding! I am just a huge fan of cats.

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by jimgarvie

Sundance is 3 years old and 135 lbs so he's pretty physically imposing.

Yes, he is, though he's a lightweight compared to my two pets. Each of them weighs about 9 times Sundance's weight. Together, they're about 1.25 tons.

Maestoso Tacoma, or "Titus," Lipizzan Gelding (about 7yo in the photo above). Also called "SFGH"--Short, Fat Grey Horse.

"No Name," 20+yo Swedish Warmblood x Thoroughbred gelding

George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming
    Sean, you are a great stobist, but really a dog? Just kidding! I am just a huge fan of cats.

Actually, Gidget died earlier this year. My dad took care of her, though, after my parents split up. I have a couple of ferrets, though, with my girlfriend.

Jim,

Yes, I definitely relate. Our male, Wolf, was working towards his Schutzhund 1 when we moved and lost our contact with any clubs. He was the most nurturing, intelligent animal of any kind I've ever been in contact with, but if you saw him and didn't know him, you might involuntarily pee your pants, just a little. [] He lived to be 12 years old, and I cried like a little baby when we buried him.

Our first female, Greta, was a rescue from an abusive home. She looked just like your Sundance. Our breeder sold her as a pup and then found out what kind of home she was in, and forcibly took her back at 10-11 months old. She was such an expensive dog that we only could afford to co-own her with our breeder, but she eventually relinquished ownership for free after she saw how we took care of her.

Our second female, Daphne, was a daughter of the famous Nobbi vom Hegnenbacher Landl, Sch. III, IPO III, and WeltSeiger.

Also a bank-breaker, but we intended to breed her, so we made the investment. She ended up with an underbite as a youngster, and so we had her spayed at two years of age, only to have her bite correct at about 2 1/2. Ughhh!!! Long story short, before we got a replacement puppy, we had a child, and got out of the Rottie business because we were afraid how people would perceive them, and their ignorance would prevent them from letting their children play with our son.

So now we have Chocolate Labs. I am a an avid duck hunter, though, so it is also really enjoyable!

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsight

Cheeto ...
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Wow! Imagine being a mouse, skittering around a corner and seeing that face!
    George Slusher
    Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
    Eugene, OR

Not my pet, just a cat...

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.23/IMG_5F00_5827.jpg[/img]

My two cats

Canon XTI, 24-105L@105mm, Iso 400, 1/200@f5
    Bob

Here is my dog Jacky...

Like most of you, I shot these because I've just got my hands on my new EF 50mm f1.4

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.86/Home05.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.86/Home08.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.86/Home09.JPG[/img]

Christmas Kittys!!

My mom's cats. I've already posted mine. I thought both these photos turned out rather nice.

I used a Quantarray 9550 shoe mount with 1/2 CTO gel bounced off the wall/ceiling.

Canon EOS 5D, EF 28-70 f2.8L @ <span class="nowrap"]f/4&amp; <span class="nowrap"]70 mm, <span class="nowrap"]1/60, <span class="nowrap"]ISO 800, <span class="nowrap"]Flash

<span class="nowrap"]

<span class="nowrap"]Canon EOS 5D, EF 28-70 f2.8L @ <span class="nowrap"]f/4&amp; <span class="nowrap"]45 mm, <span class="nowrap"]1/60, <span class="nowrap"]ISO 800, <span class="nowrap"]Flash

We have a litter of Rottie pups on the ground -- they've just turned 8 weeks old -- and they were the stars of our 2010 Calendar. Thought you'd like to meet Ms Plummy who is now recovering from her New Years revelry[]. Enjoy!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.52/PlummyNewYearsW.jpg[/img]

Jim