Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Pets!

That is fantastic news, David!! Congrats to the new permanent addition to your family :-)

Thanks Denise. I'm sure Cagney would be thrilled too, if she had any idea anything was changing.

Post Your Pets!

David, you are way behind I think. Cagney already adopted you a long time ago. Just thank her alright

Arnt
    Arnt

Here's three shots of my cat, Monster.

And these aren't my pets, but friends of mine's pets.

Here's a shot of my friend's cat, Lily.

My cousin's pup, Buddy.

Oggie, one of the dogs I watch occasionally.

Daisy, the other dog I watch occasionally.

And here is Oggie and Daisy together.

I just bought a new 430EX II, haven't read the directions and was very happy with this photo... the light was bounced off of the ceiling very nicely.

This is my mother's cat, we visited and wanted to test the flash in another setting
    Last edited by Photog82; 01-28-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    --

DavidWare, nice set of shots.

James, you're reminding me I desperately need a flash. Love the last one.

ahab, you're right, she did. She arrived from a previous owner, somewhere in the US, extremely fearful. Well, "Extremely Fearful" doesn't do her condition justice. She would be hiding in crates, under beds, in basements, whatever was the deepest, darkest, least likely to be seen place she could find. She wouldn't venture out of her hiding place, even for food or drink. She would have to be forced outside for bathroom breaks, because she sure wasn't going on her own. I have no idea what somebody put her and her sister through, to make them like that. After arriving in town, she went through several foster homes, and even got herself adopted once, and returned. Eventually, she ended up with us.

She wasn't quite as bad when we got her. She would run from basement, to crate, to outside, but she DID go outside willingly, and she ate, and accepted walks, if you could catch her. She loved having Zuni to play with, and Zuni loved having her. After a few months, she (mostly) stopped running away at the sight of us. After another couple months, and she started to snuggle, and poked us with her nose, asking to be petted. She would run and play with other dogs at a local agility club, and bravely visit the other dog's owners. Outside anywhere else though, if she saw a person, or a car, or anything, she would still shut down, going into panic mode. Even if it was us at home, but somehow vaguely out of the ordinary, carrying mail or laundry, she would bolt.

Recently though, she's getting very brave. Trusting us more and more, and even standing in the front window, barking at everything that goes by. She's also turned into the cuddliest, snuggliest dog we've ever had. She has a long way to go, but she's come so very far. She's accepted us, and loves us. I can't imagine how she'd react if we were taken away from her, and she was adopted out to another family. So, yeah, we're slow in making it official, but she did adopt us a while back, and we knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Thank you!

+1 DavidWare, nice shots.
    [Cagney]
    That is a great story of recovery. She's lucky to have you.
    Arnt

Thank you. I want to try and get some action shots of pets, but having a lazy cat doesnt really help much with that. He is an outstanding subject for portraiture though. I guess I'm going to have to get myself a new kitten, or better yet, a puppy!

Ollie

Canon 70-300L + Kenko 2x TC for 600mm f11. Manual focus using Liveview and 10x zoom. MSNR at ISO 25600 @ 1/20sec. No tripod, but camera resting on the arm of my recliner. Couple of table lamps for light.

Mark - Flickr