Quote Originally Posted by albianir View Post
Another one:
I know that picture style affects raw in DPP. Is it correct?
Yes and no. Info about the picture style is saved in the CR2 file and DPP can read that info to give you a default RAW conversion setting similar/equal to the one used in-camera (for the JPEG-preview). But it doesn't affect the binary image information captured by the sensor - you can easily switch between picture styles in DPP and get the exact same results as if another picture style was chosen in-camera.

One important thing about a possible effect on your RAW files has already been mentioned by Neuro: If you want some histogram assistance for exposing as bright as possible without blowing highlights ("exposure to the right") you should avoid some things. I've found that if I choose picture style faithful and turn off both ALO anf lens correction, I get a better indication in the histogram for when I'm really approaching the right side. More contrasty picture styles, ALO and lens correction all tend to brighten the JPEG-previews. And for some scenes this can make a real difference for the final result. (Of course, another way of achieving basically the same could be to accept a fair amount of highlight blinking in the JPEG-preview. When those files are "blanked" in DPP, Lightroom etc they will be noticeably darker and with less/no blown highlights.)