Thread: Should I buy from a Factory Authorized Dealer

Should I buy from a Factory Authorized Dealer

I’m shopping for a Canon 5D Mark III body, and I found a store on ebay with a 99.6% positive feedback rating and with great pricing; it was originally part of a kit and they are selling the body and lens separately. My main concern is they are not a factory authorized dealer. While I can save a few hundred dollars, I am worried able warranty & service support after the sale. My lean is to buy from one of the three companies that Bryan Recommends. I’d appreciate your feedback.

Re: Should I buy from a Factory Authorized Dealer

Did you read the little post recently about Jacob at Adorama? I'd give that a whirl first. It might get things close to what you're looking at.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    Did you read the little post recently about Jacob at Adorama? I'd give that a whirl first. It might get things close to what you're looking at.
    Adorama discount
    Mark

I just read post, and I sent Jacob an email. It will be interesting to see his response. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jacob Waldner at Adorama responded quickly to my email and the folks in the Used Equipment Department gave me a fair trade-in amount for my old cameras, including a Nikon N90s kit and Mamiya 645 kit, and Canon 7D. After this positive experience, I am glad that I am doing business with a Factory Authorized Canon Dealer.

Should I buy from a Factory Authorized Dealer

Good News Mike. You know you'll have to share some pics with us, don't you? :-)

Arnt
    Arnt