Thread: Why do I still get blurred images with high shutter speeds?

Why do I still get blurred images with high shutter speeds?

I have been taking pics with Canon 85mmF1.2 with 5D mark II, whenever I am outside, I use minimum shutter speed of 1/250, still I get some images that are blurred. I think I dont shake my hand while taking the pic, what could be the reason? Something wrong with the lens?

Could you post an example? Is the entire image somewhat blurry, then it's most probably you still moving a little. If only your subject is blurred you know it's not you, but your subject and perhaps you should change your shutterspeed accordingly.
    Ps: the rule of 1/focal length for steady photos is just a guideline. Some might get sharp photos with less, but some others might need a lot faster shutterspeed to get sharp results.

If it isn't linear blur but rather a general blur, you may just be seeing a very shallow DOF and need to do the AFMA. Shoot some distant lights so the light is essentially a dot. Zoom in 100%, if it is a streak (linear pattern), then it is handle held/shutter speed issues. If it is still generally blurry with not real pattern, I'd lean toward AFMA issues.

Could also shoot from a tripod with 2 sec delay. If the blur issues go away, it is the hand held/shutter speed issue. If you still have issues it is either the AFMA or you have a problem with the lens.

Hard to say until we see something and get the exif data.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    AFMA .
    Auto Focus Micro Adjustments in case it is not obvious . Your 5DmkII has this feature. The 85 f1.2 has a very shallow depth of field. It does not take much to make the image soft.
    Mark

I use this Lens and you need to produce the money shots all the time, Outside I step it up if the light is good.