Here is just one shot of many that were ruined from the one and only wedding I shot ...

I read a blog yesterday discussing the blog you posted above, Jonathan and my daughter and I had a few minute discussion about it. We only shot one wedding and this was our only complaint about the entire experience. Did it make us consider never doing it again ...you betcha! Every relative and guest was taking photos and if they weren't, the passed the camera, phone, camcorder on to their children to do it for them! We were in constant battle to try and get the shot and it got to be near impossible. We both decided if we were to ever do it again, we would most definitely ask for it to be an unplugged ceremony. Comments made on the blog I read were things like, the photographer needs to take control of the situation that is what they are being paid for, they need to be Type A personality, etc. etc. Granted, maybe if it wasn't our first gig I would have been more prepared to expect this and handled it better but still, it is hard to work around 100+ guests taking photos!

One thing I would like to bring up is this ...my son is getting married in a couple months. They asked me to be their photographer. I told them that I don't see how I can be Mother of the Groom and photographer. They told me if I don't do it they won't have a "photographer" because all of their friends will have phones anyway. Is this really becoming the new generations way of thinking when it comes to an average-budgeted wedding? I have a simple phone that you can talk, text and take crappy photos with so I have no clue how good these photos are that they will end up with. Do I give up enjoying my son's wedding to be their photographer to make sure that they end up with well captured memories? Do I battle all of their friends to get the shot or ask for the wedding to be "unplugged"? Or do I just put my photographer's mind to rest for a day and enjoy the wedding?