Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flickr changes

Flickr changes

Mine says nothing about renewing automatically. It says it will expire in October.

Flickr changes

I hope we'll get a chance to renew when it expires ... or else ...

Arnt
    Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Too bad for me, it was never easier to be a pro ;-)

Arnt
    Yes, that was my only hope of being a pro

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Flickr and Yahoo buying Tumblr, which they promised "not to screw it up".

Flickr changes

Yeah, but their definition of 'not screwing it up' doesn't mean keeping customers happy, it means not losing revenue. </cynical>

<ok, who am I kidding, the cynical isn't going to end>

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Yeah, but their definition of 'not screwing it up' doesn't mean keeping customers happy, it means not losing revenue. </cynical>
    I would agree. Anytime someone buys a site for 'monetization', I assume they will end up screwing it up. I already get too many crappy ads on Facebook. I understand when I am getting something for free, but I thought by paying for something (like Flickr Pro), you were avoiding that. Why would they want to push me towards free? I ignore all the ads anyway.

Firefox with AdBlocker Plus. No ads, free of charge. I never realized Flickr had ads until I saw their "No Ads" pricing. I never see ads in Facebook either.

That said, their changes caught me by surprise today. This morning the school's Flickr page was normal, and this afternoon it was all changed. Not sure I like it.
    Mark - Flickr

I spent about an hour this evening trying to get familiar with it, update my profile picture, and decide on a banner.

I was alright with the updated layout of the image pool in groups, but I'm not a fan of it on personal pages. I hate the fact that image titles and captions get buried to the point of irrelevance.

There is only one thing I can find that's an improvement - and that's the android app. It's far from perfect, but it's significantly better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Some clarity on recurring vs. non-recurring. I'd say I'm non-recurring. I hope they follow through...

Name:  Flickr.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  36.8 KB

As a free user, I'm not one in a position to complain, but I'm not going to let that stop me.

The new 'you just logged in page' is odd. It shows a random selection of images from the contact's page, large. It encourages you to completely miss out of all the photos your friends took, because you'll assume it's showing you all of them. I preferred the summary of activity that was there before.

Took me a while to find the new BBCode link placement (Box with an arrow coming out of it) on the row of icons.

I don't like how the comments are hidden. I saw a thumbnail of a contact's image, clicked, and got it very large, but without comments... you need to scroll down for comments, but because it looks like the old lightbox view, and there's no indication you should scroll, some users might not ever see them.

It no longer shows you the common exif by default. I figured they went to their old way where you had to click on the camera model as that's all they were showing (because that's the most important part of the shot, right?), but no, that goes to the camera finder. You have to click 'show more' on what looks like the legal BS section (All rights reserved, etc.) to get the common exif, then you can click on that to get full exif.

There are official ranting pages. 6 of them even. Find them here: http://www.flickr.com/help/