Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightroom 5 is out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I decided to buy the upgrade from 4. I made my decision based on the statements that it was faster than 4 and the use of the radial filter and the additional clone tool. I discovered that my M images won't work in the version of Camera Raw I have so almost all of my editing there is going to be done in LR. I know there are ways to make it work, but I wanted to not go through all of the steps. So far I really haven't seen a difference in speed, but I just started using it. I have slowly made a transition from doing almost all of my processing in CS 5 to LR. I think with the amount of time I use LR compared to Photoshop, I can justify this upgrade. Getting CS6, not so much.

the database function is superb, the edit function is excellent also. B&H You Tube has several hours of excellent LR5 tutorials

Maybe even more exciting - Topazlab has photoFXLab which is a plugin that can operate within LR. It offers layer masks and layer blending without having to go to photoshop. If you want to push the boat out Topaz has a number of additional plugins that really extend the editing functions of LR and again - all without Photoshop