Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Image of the Week.....Week#1

Kids took me to the safari park for Father's Day. I couldn't help but grab a few shots out the drivers window.

Last edited by Jayson; 06-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    How about you and I go up there one night with a bucket of red paint and a big brush?
    OK - I will be out in So. Cal. in late July early August.

Seriously though we could go up to Big Sur or some other interesting place on Fri/Sat (Meetings are always on Thursday for some reason)
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Image of the Week.....Week#1

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    OK - I will be out in So. Cal. in late July early August.

Seriously though we could go up to Big Sur or some other interesting place on Fri/Sat (Meetings are always on Thursday for some reason)
    I'm all for it. I'm almost certainly around, Europe will be later in August if all works as planned. Let me know when you have dates.
    Anyone else wants to join a west coast meetup?

Arnt
    Last edited by ahab1372; 06-19-2013 at 01:52 AM.
    Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    That's very good will have to try this myself.
    It would be interesting to see what this shot would be like if you allow only the eyes to have colour.
    Here's one from the same shoot (different daughter) where I did leave the eyes colored, except on this example I didn't amp up the contrast.

The Eyes by B_R_T, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson View Post
    Love it! The right side of her face looks a little hot but that may have been your intention. Beautiful image of your beautiful daughter :-)
    I agree Mark, it's a little hot on the right side, but I guess I shouldn't expect much different as it was shot with high key in mind and a goal of sort of fading out the right side of her face into the background. Instead, I looked at it and then added the contrast back in post.

bgood, I love the first daughter shot. Perhaps dial down the saturation on the second one's eyes? The sudden saturation coupled with the enormous pupil doesn't work to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    bgood, I love the first daughter shot. Perhaps dial down the saturation on the second one's eyes? The sudden saturation coupled with the enormous pupil doesn't work to my eye.
    The eyes grab you, I have got to try this with a big girl.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

There was a writeup a while back on how to do a quick and dirty version of this in Lightroom. I'd link to it, but I can't seem to find it. (Maybe someone can help me find it.) The PP on this one took me like 90 seconds. Not nearly as good as bgood's images, but it was quick!

110714-0006-RLR-Edit-2-2.jpg by rlriii13, on Flickr
    Last edited by rlriii13; 06-19-2013 at 03:26 PM.

This is my Portrait Entry.

It's a Bluejay and somewhat ordinary but what struck me about this frame is that I saw a ghostly face in the trees immediately when I saw the image on the back of my camera. Does anyone else see the weird face in the background? It gave me the creeps!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Good suggestion. I'll have to give it a try and see if it softens the eyes a bit.