Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Image of the Week.....Week#1

I finally had some time to go hiking last saturday. It was the first weekend with a nice weather since what looked like an eternity. As you can see there is still a lot of snow on the mountaintops. It was the first time I carried my tripod all the way up there. The little villages you can see in the valley is the place I'm coming from. Every picture I posted on the forum this Winter came from this valley.

Taken with my 6D and 17-40.

A late Spring par Tounis_9, sur Flickr

You might have to be geographically banned from image assignments Pierre, it's just not fair......
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Several great contributions to this thread!

Mine may not do too well in the tough competition but still I choose to add this shot from yesterday evening. The idea was to try to use the rising full moon in some way. I played around with the moon and the navigation mark differently placed in the frame, and when this boat drove by it sort of improved the balance.

Name:  IMG_2820_800h.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  189.0 KB

CLS - Great wall hanger. Yesterday was a great day to get a moon shot. Well done.

Tounis - That is a great shot, and the wild flowers in the forground really threw it over the top... great composition.
    Last edited by conropl; 06-24-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

This is my second entry....Pileated Woodpecker Portrait

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    You might have to be geographically banned from image assignments Pierre, it's just not fair......
    Well, without this little advantage I don't think I would be able to post much here, as I can't really compete in terms of skills. On the other hand, I'm not cheating as much as I could. The Matterhorn, for example, is just an hour away from my place, and I still haven't posted any pictures of it .

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Tounis - That is a great shot, and the wild flowers in the forground really through it over the top... great composition.
    Thanks a lot for your comment Pat.

Great entries everyone, 2 final picks have been selected and moved to the new Image of the Month thread.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur