Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Image of the Week....Week#2

I spent this past weekend on a Pennsylvania waterfall trip. Saturday was spent in Ricketts Glen State Park and Sunday was the Delaware Water Gap National Recreational area. I haven't processed the photos from the Delaware Water Gap yet, but I liked this one from Ricketts.

I was there with crowds morning through mid-day. It was a great day for a hike, not a cloud in the sky, which, of course, meant for some challenging photography conditions.

small-4133 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Amazing shots so far.

Category : Potrait
    Title : Joy

JOY by DSLR Newbie Test Area, on Flickr

Landscape
    Yellow Balsamroot in Shadow

Yellow Balsamroot in Mountain Shadows - Grand Tetons National Park, Wyoming by ernogy, on Flickr

Great shots this week everyone! I have two from a vacation last week that I would like to enter in the Landscape category.

The Sea Dragon

Supermoon Under the Mamba

Last edited by Jayson; 06-28-2013 at 02:16 AM.

So it's been way too long since I've shared anything around here. Was a bit busy over xmas, then had a friend visit from NL and we drove to melbourne and back (still haven't sorted through those pics). A month ago I went to Singapore (I'm still scanning all the velvia I shot on my Bessa), and while I was there I went to Jurong Bird Park with the 7D and 70-300L, shot off about 1500 frames. Here's one of them that I really like (the kind of shot that you know is going to be good before you even click the shutter, I don't get too many of them):

An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Nice entries again this week.
    I would like to remind everyone that older images are fine to be entered.
    Also please try and title each entry, this helps you and all of us identify with your image.
    Keep them coming.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

"Surfacing"
    Common Loon at Quarry Lake, Canmore
    Canon 1DX, 500 mm f/4 II, 1.4 TC, 1/200 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 1600

Category: landscape
    Title: Urban Sanctuary

Foshan China

5D3, 8-15 fisheye, f/4, 1/250, ISO 100, 8mm

Even if older pictures are fine, I try to post current pictures in the weekly assignments. When I went hiking this morning, with only a very shy sun showing up, I thought I would have to skip this week. Well, it turned out I was the first one on the trail, and was rewarded with a really nice encounter. I have absolutely no experience in wildlife photography, so this picture is about the best I could come up with.
    I don't know the english name of this particular animal, maybe someone can help. There are a lot of them around here, but usually you have to go above 2000 meters to see them during summer. But today, they were literally sitting on the trail (at least 10 of them). When I tried to take my 6D in my bag and to change the lens, I was sure they would go away before I could take my first picture. Looks like I was wrong. I ended up spending about an hour with them, going as close as 4-5 meters. I left the place before they did. A very nice moment.

What are you doing here ? by Tounis_9, on Flickr

Edit : I had some time to look for the english name : "Alpine ibex".

And I post a second picture for the landscape part here. It's nothing great, really, as the available light was very poor, but the place was interesting and the main goal of these weekly contests is to post more pictures, so I thought I would share anyway.

A road to nowhere by Tounis_9, on Flickr
    Last edited by Tounis; 06-29-2013 at 07:55 PM.

I've spent a rainy afternoon digitizing (photographing) a couple of hundreds of old negatives. Of course the kids are on many frames but this one got my attention - I like the thoughtful expression. (By the way he's 14 years old and slightly less cute today.)

I sometimes wish the negatives had EXIF data stamped on them but I'm pretty sure this one's taken using ASA 400 film at 80 mm, f/5.6, 1/60 sec, and with the mighty popup-flash of the EOS 300N. (And not 100 mm, f/11 as the EXIF of the RAW-file says.)

"Thoughtful"