I am seriously considering trading my 24-70 f/2.8 v1 for a 24-105mm f/4 IS. Basically my reasons are, most of the time I am taking static shots anyway and if I need something for indoors I have a Tamron 17-50mm that I have used for about 5 years that is just as sharp, just missing the extra 20mm. I am considering this change to put a little money in the bank and to also get the benefit of IS plus the extra reach. Since our boys are bigger, we are traveling more than we did when I first bought the lens. Sometimes I wish I did have a little extra reach. I shoot with a 7D and someday would like to purchase either a used 5D mkii or the 6D.

For those of you who have either of these lenses care to chime in? Am I being dumb or would this be a logical choice. I have spoken to Adorama and have received a basic quote and am thinking about sending it for a full review. My lens is in Mint condition so I think I would get top dollar. It will still be about 75% of its sale value, but judging by the craigslist threats and fees I might have to pay on ebay, I would probably come out about even.

Thanks for any input anyone would have.

Jayson