Thread: Future sale of a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII Tripod (I've never sold on ebay before)

Future sale of a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII Tripod (I've never sold on ebay before)

In Sep/Oct when I get back to the states Iím going to be selling a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII 161MK2B Tripod *No head*. Iíve never sold anything on ebay before and I donít have access to ebay in Afghanistan to see how much they are selling for. This is brand new, still has the tags on it and has only been setup up 1 time. The only thing it doesnít have is the original box. Itís $550.00 on Amazon. Do you think setting a minimum of $400.00 is reasonable? How does the whole ďBuy NowĒ work?

Quote Originally Posted by mcarriganphotos View Post
    In Sep/Oct when I get back to the states I’m going to be selling a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII 161MK2B Tripod *No head*. I’ve never sold anything on ebay before and I don’t have access to ebay in Afghanistan to see how much they are selling for. This is brand new, still has the tags on it and has only been setup up 1 time. The only thing it doesn’t have is the original box. It’s $550.00 on Amazon. Do you think setting a minimum of $400.00 is reasonable? How does the whole “Buy Now” work?
    To me, that sounds like a fair price for the tripod - assuming it's in decent condition. The "Buy It Now" option is really easy to set up when you're creating the auction. eBay will walk you through the various options; you shouldn't have any problems.

Even with a reasonable "Buy It Now" price, it may take awhile to sell the tripod. That particular tripod falls into a "special need" category where the market isn't quite as large as it is for general use tripods. At 17.5 lbs and a max height of 8.75 feet, it's a beast.

For everyone else, go to the 1:50 mark if you want to see how big this tripod is:

Thanks for the info!

Yes it is a beast! If I had a studio I would certainly keep it but I want to sell and put the money to a really nice yet more portable option.

Back from Afghanistan, checked with Adorama and do to supply and demand they don't want it so I guess I'll try ebay.

Re: Future sale of a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII Tripod (I've never sold on ebay before)

Selling on amazon is an option too I guess. I could never find it on my mobile app, but first time I pulled up the desktop version, there the button was for selling stuff. We had a discussion about this not all that long ago in regards to fees and junk. Can't remember the outcome though.
    Ps welcome back
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Looks interesting, thanks. You have to google selling on amazon to find it. The only thing i see on fees is 8% on camera equipment and an odd $.99 sell fee. So, if i could sell for $400 it would be a $37 in fee. I really just want $300 in my pocket to get an Arcatech ball head for my other tripod

Welcome back, and good luck with the sale!
    Arnt