Thread: Future sale of a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII Tripod (I've never sold on ebay before)

Future sale of a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII Tripod (I've never sold on ebay before)

In Sep/Oct when I get back to the states I’m going to be selling a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII 161MK2B Tripod *No head*. I’ve never sold anything on ebay before and I don’t have access to ebay in Afghanistan to see how much they are selling for. This is brand new, still has the tags on it and has only been setup up 1 time. The only thing it doesn’t have is the original box. It’s $550.00 on Amazon. Do you think setting a minimum of $400.00 is reasonable? How does the whole “Buy Now” work?

Quote Originally Posted by mcarriganphotos View Post
    In Sep/Oct when I get back to the states I’m going to be selling a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII 161MK2B Tripod *No head*. I’ve never sold anything on ebay before and I don’t have access to ebay in Afghanistan to see how much they are selling for. This is brand new, still has the tags on it and has only been setup up 1 time. The only thing it doesn’t have is the original box. It’s $550.00 on Amazon. Do you think setting a minimum of $400.00 is reasonable? How does the whole “Buy Now” work?
    To me, that sounds like a fair price for the tripod - assuming it's in decent condition. The "Buy It Now" option is really easy to set up when you're creating the auction. eBay will walk you through the various options; you shouldn't have any problems.

Even with a reasonable "Buy It Now" price, it may take awhile to sell the tripod. That particular tripod falls into a "special need" category where the market isn't quite as large as it is for general use tripods. At 17.5 lbs and a max height of 8.75 feet, it's a beast.

For everyone else, go to the 1:50 mark if you want to see how big this tripod is:

Thanks for the info!

Yes it is a beast! If I had a studio I would certainly keep it but I want to sell and put the money to a really nice yet more portable option.

Back from Afghanistan, checked with Adorama and do to supply and demand they don't want it so I guess I'll try ebay.

Re: Future sale of a Manfrotto Super Pro mkII Tripod (I've never sold on ebay before)

Selling on amazon is an option too I guess. I could never find it on my mobile app, but first time I pulled up the desktop version, there the button was for selling stuff. We had a discussion about this not all that long ago in regards to fees and junk. Can't remember the outcome though.
    Ps welcome back
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Looks interesting, thanks. You have to google selling on amazon to find it. The only thing i see on fees is 8% on camera equipment and an odd $.99 sell fee. So, if i could sell for $400 it would be a $37 in fee. I really just want $300 in my pocket to get an Arcatech ball head for my other tripod

Welcome back, and good luck with the sale!
    Arnt