Thread: Adorama's Used department

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Adorama's Used department

I'm sure they're trustworthy, but because of overhead, don't expect prices to be great. You're better off trying to sell it yourself like anything else. If you don't have the time/desire to deal with it. They'll be happy to look at it, and send it back if you don't like the offer (usually half of what they sell it for).
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    I'm sure they're trustworthy, but because of overhead, don't expect prices to be great. You're better off trying to sell it yourself like anything else. If you don't have the time/desire to deal with it. They'll be happy to look at it, and send it back if you don't like the offer (usually half of what they sell it for).
    Agree completely.....extremely fast and professional. Advantage is you sell all your gear immediately in one transaction but at a price a little lower than you would get if you sell it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Agree completely.....extremely fast and professional. Advantage is you sell all your gear immediately in one transaction but at a price a little lower than you would get if you sell it yourself.
    Keep in mind, though, if you sell on eBay there's an eBay listing price, a percentage fee of the sale, then a percentage fee to Paypal. And that's not counting shipping charges if you don't pass those along to the auction winners (free shipping tends to garnish more attention). And then there's time invested in managing separate auctions.

Selling in bulk to Adorama starts to look like a good value when you consider all the details...