There seems to be a few points lost here. To start, I have nothing in particular against B&H. That is why I have purchased as much as I have there. And I fully agree that Yes, B&H provide a good service and the people are nice and in general fairly competent. And so are the crews at Adorama and a few of the other alternatives.

Whether you go in the first time to buy a Rebel or you return for the 20th time to buy a 1DX and a 600 f4L IS II, you get more or less same service. The price you pay at visit no.1 is the same as on visit no.20. Which is very positive for the first time buyer. My points is that when you are a loyal returning customer and you give them that much business, you should get some treats in return at some stage. And I find it a bit amazing that the response I have so far is more defending the supplier for not doing anything, rather than suggesting positive things they could do to show that they appreciate the continued business we give them.

If I was working in the business development team of any of these companies, I would seriously think through how I could make sure that the customer who potentially returns +20 times actually returned. And what would be nice for a returning customer to get. Discounts is one thing. Extended warranty an other. Free overnight shipping, special offers, priority in line for new stuff, invitation to classes or trips, faster better repair services ... Options are many.

/Eldar