Thread: You haven't got rid of me yet!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink You haven't got rid of me yet!

Well guys and girls, this is my 1,000th post. I've been a member of this little community for a number of years now and I'm surprised it's taken me so long to get 1,000 posts up but I guess I'm not as active on here at the moment with all of the travelling I'm lucky enough to be doing.

For those of you who are just joining this forum or are just new to the photography game, stick around because it'll help you no end in advancing your skills. For those of you who have been around for a while - thanks for the little tidbits of advice or encouragement you've thrown in my direction over the years. There aren't too many forums on the web that stay as civil and positively natured as this one, it's a true testament to the members and their decorum. Thanks also to Bryan for pointing us all in the right direction with some of the best information available on the net for our little hobby/passion/livelihood.

So to add to this post, here's a shot I was lucky enough to take today. We drove from Ankara to Cappadocia in Turkey today and stumbled across this little gem along the way. We thought we could see the remains of an old jetty or something until it all started moving and we realised it was actually people walking along this massive salt flat gathering the salt in old water bottles and generally just wandering around in the salt. Naturally we stopped and went for a walk and got some really great shots while there.

So far, Turkey is beautiful. If you ever get the chance to go to Cappadocia do it. I've never seen anything like it. There'll be plenty of shot of Turkey on the blog at some stage, I'm on a bit of a rampage to catch up because I took a break from editing for a few weeks and have a pretty serious backlog. You can see more at www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com if you're interested. Mind the free plug.

Cheers,

Ben

Turkish Salt Lake by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I thoroughly enjoyed going through your blog. It looks like you're having the time of your life. I found myself intrigued, amazed, and just a little jealous. ;-)

Thanks for sharing!

I can't believe the chairs in the picture - what a great picture.
    Happy travels Ben, keep us posted
    Arnt

Great shot for number 1000!
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Superb image. Well done. Amazing place, that lake.
    Mark - Flickr

Always looking forward to your posts. Great work, thanks for sharing your images, advice and insight with us.

Thank you
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Thanks guys.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30