Thread: Looking for a tripod/ballhead combo on a budget of $600

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarhau View Post
    The best advice I can think of is to hang on to the one you have a little longer, eat bread and drink water for another month and wait until you can get the right stuff.

/Eldar
    Or even the Really Right Stuff?

Seriously, that's good advice. It's really important to have good support gear, we often don't give enough credit to our ancillary equipment. I bought into the Really Right Stuff system a while ago and it was a very good decision.

Sorry I haven't answered your recommendation query but have a look on the RRS website. They have a great range.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Or even the Really Right Stuff?
    Indeed! I have just ordered a RRS MH-01 Pro monopod head, which will be my first monopod head ever, and a RRS BH-30 LR for my travel tripod, to replace the useless Gitzo GH1780TQR that came with the GT1551T in a tripod/head combo. The tripod is great though.

I have no experience with the RRS tripods. They look good on paper and with their fairly stiff price tag, they should to be. It would be interesting to hear any experiences anyone may have to share.

/Eldar