Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Image of the Week...Week#6

Everyone's entries are all winners IMO so choosing only one for each category is not easy! I have it narrowed down some at least and will post the finalists shortly.

It was tough deciding, especially when you throw a puppy into the mix!

For this week's finalists I choose, for the Portrait Category, Joel's "Mother-In-Law turns 94". IMO, portrait photography is all about capturing those important memories, and this is a wonderful portrait to be cherished forever.

For the Landscape Category, David's "North Church". This is a phenomenal nighttime shot. Composition, lighting and detail is really superb! Congrats to both finalists and thank you for having me as this weeks judge.

Thank you Denise, wasn't quite expecting that. I thought Joel had the landscape category locked down with his entry. Fantastic entries by everyone though! I'm sure this week was hard to judge. Congratulations to Joel as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWare View Post
    Thank you Denise, wasn't quite expecting that. I thought Joel had the landscape category locked down with his entry. Fantastic entries by everyone though! I'm sure this week was hard to judge. Congratulations to Joel as well!
    While I did really like both of Joel's landscape pictures (especially the second), yours is special and really deserve to be this week pick. Congrats on a great shot.

Thanks! I really love this picture too

Some great entries everyone and congrats to David and Joel....both very well earned.

Yes well done to you David, you are prolific and your shots are of a high quality, it's been fun watching your progression and development, so congrats and keep up the great work.
    And Joel, your shot was beautiful, I loved the attached story and the sentiments expressed, just a beautiful image and moment.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Yes well done to you David, you are prolific and your shots are of a high quality, it's been fun watching your progression and development, so congrats and keep up the great work.
    And Joel, your shot was beautiful, I loved the attached story and the sentiments expressed, just a beautiful image and moment.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this... congrats to both! I do love that portrait shot, it is very well done and evokes many sentimental emotions.

Congrats to the picks this week! All of the photos from this week, as past weeks, were great. I didn't envy your task this week Denise!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!