Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your M shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Hi Jayson the deal for the M with the 22 mm kit seem to be sold out, but several people have the 22 mm lens only (Adorama, Amazon, etc) or I did see the EOS-M, 22 mm lens, and flash (B&H).
    Thanks. I know that the 22mm is out there alone, but that's an additional $169 I didn't want to spend. If I could find someone that is dealing the M with the 22mm again for $299, I would pick that up and send my other one back. I purchased this camera to take on various trips with the family where I get frowned upon for bringing by "big" camera. I was looking for a inexpensive pocketable camera with good IQ and this was it. I thought it would be a little more portable with the zoom than it is. Might as well use my DSLR.

"Crafting"

Name:  Crafting.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  157.5 KB

EOS M, EF-M 22mm f/2 STM, 1/100 s, f/2.5, ISO 400

Golden light bales of hay.

22mm f/8 1/400 ISO 200

2013_07_29_0277_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

Great shots Dave and John! Jayson, I was wondering what you didn't like about the EF-M 18-55? I saw your comment after I placed my order. I went with the 18-55/flash kit as I figured that will fit my use the best (general purpose when I don't want to have my dSLR for both size, weight and safety reasons). But I see on ebay some gray market 22 mm lenses for $113 from China and am tempted. BTW, after reviewing every table I can find, including Bryan's, I am shocked at the quality of these two lenses. They seem to be uber sharp, especially for the price. Mine arrives tomorrow. Should be fun to play with over the weekend.

Thanks Brant.

I bought the EF adapter from an e-bay seller in Hong Kong and it works fine. There is "for P.R.C. use only" on the box, but the adapter works without issues. I've only tried to 60mm macro on it and honestly the focus with the macro can be slow. I haven't tried any other EF lenses. I've found the 22mm focusing to be good.

The 22mm lens is excellent and the overall image quality of the M is good in my opinion, especially given the small size.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Great shots Dave and John! Jayson, I was wondering what you didn't like about the EF-M 18-55? I saw your comment after I placed my order. I went with the 18-55/flash kit as I figured that will fit my use the best (general purpose when I don't want to have my dSLR for both size, weight and safety reasons). But I see on ebay some gray market 22 mm lenses for $113 from China and am tempted. BTW, after reviewing every table I can find, including Bryan's, I am shocked at the quality of these two lenses. They seem to be uber sharp, especially for the price. Mine arrives tomorrow. Should be fun to play with over the weekend.
    I agree that the lens does perform really well and that isn't the part that I didn't like. I have gotten use to having a constant f/2.8 on my wider zooms and having to adjust for the difference in stops of light lost, I just am not use to. I was also thinking it would be smaller. I might as well keep my Tamron on it given the difference in size and the light loss that I am adjusting for. I guess I am just sour I missed the 22mm sale with the M. (that's another story for the Adorama Used department thread). I would have saved money and had the perfect walk around camera.

For those interested, I purchased the adapter from Fotodiox on Amazon. I have been using it with all of my lenses and it works fine. AF maintained on all lenses.

Here is a butterfly taken with the M, a 300mm f/4L IS, a 1.4x Kenko TC, and the fotodiox adapter.

Here are some M with 2 1.4x TC and adapter paired with a 300mm f/4L IS. Taken at f/11, ISO 1600. M did a little shot gun initially when trying to focus, but locked on correctly after a second or two. I used my 580 ex II flash to light the birds since it was a rainy day. That might have been the reason the camera was hunting due to the assist light being blocked by the larger lens.

I received mine yesterday and have only started playing with it. Initial impressions are very positive althought I will say, it's size is awkward. The body itself is slightly larger than my P&S, which is almost too small (I wish the body had an extra 1/2 to 1" here or there). But then the lens protudes enough that this has no chance of being "pocketable"...yet it is so small and light, it is very easy to carry. I have a feeling I'll be happy once I settle in on a bag to carry it in. Optically, it is very similar to the 7D with the EFS 15-85, which, in my mind is a huge compliment for such a small camera.

That said, the real reason I am posting is I had to laugh. Included with the paperwork was a well orchastrated marketing brochure entitled "Enjoy the EOS World." The last page has a picture of the EOS-M and 5DIII and the heading "Your EOS adventure starts with the EOS-M."

Like I said, I had to laugh. If anyone was questioning that Canon views the EOS-M as a gateway camera, this answered that question for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Here are some M with 2 1.4x TC and adapter paired with a 300mm f/4L IS. Taken at f/11, ISO 1600. M did a little shot gun initially when trying to focus, but locked on correctly after a second or two. I used my 580 ex II flash to light the birds since it was a rainy day. That might have been the reason the camera was hunting due to the assist light being blocked by the larger lens.
    So let me see if I read this correctly. Attached to the "M" was not one but two 1.4 TCs then a 300 F/4. I LOVE IT. so 1.4x1.4x300x1.6(crop factor) = 940? FF equivalent and f4 should be f5.6 to f8.0? (could be wrong here) and the "mighty mouse" M still focused at all!!! and lastly you shot the pic 1 stop down from max aperture. LOVE IT!!!

So did you hand hold these . I have to admit I hadn't thought of stacking TCs.

I think this is cool.

Mike
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911