Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your M shots!

Post your M shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I have a feeling I'll be happy once I settle in on a bag to carry it in.
    Bryan recommends the Lowepro Dashpoint 30 for the M + 18-55. I've found the Dashpoint 20 to be a perfect fit for the M + 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I received mine yesterday and have only started playing with it. Initial impressions are very positive although I will say, it's size is awkward. The body itself is slightly larger than my P&S, which is almost too small (I wish the body had an extra 1/2 to 1" here or there). But then the lens protrudes enough that this has no chance of being "pocketable"...yet it is so small and light, it is very easy to carry.
    That was my complaint about the lens. I for one like the smaller size of the camera. I never enjoyed the super small P&S cameras and I think it if they camera were any larger then it would be more in the G camera line range.

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    So let me see if I read this correctly. Attached to the "M" was not one but two 1.4 TCs then a 300 F/4. I LOVE IT. so 1.4x1.4x300x1.6(crop factor) = 940? FF equivalent and f4 should be f5.6 to f8.0? (could be wrong here) and the "mighty mouse" M still focused at all!!! and lastly you shot the pic 1 stop down from max aperture. LOVE IT!!!

So did you hand hold these . I have to admit I hadn't thought of stacking TCs.

I think this is cool.

Mike
    Mike, I had the lens resting on the back of the couch. I would have liked to only use a single TC, but my tree is a little far out. I wanted to see if it would focus like live view on my 7D with that much stuff between the M. I also wanted to test the 3rd party adapter with all of those items. It did really well. I stopped the lens up to f/11 to regain a little sharpness back with the hopes I didn't ruin it too much with diffraction which starts at about f/6.9 on this sensor. It also handled the higher ISO pretty well. It is a great little camera. I am still testing it to see if it has a place in my bag since I have about 2 more weeks before the return date is up.

Post your M shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I stopped the lens up to f/11 to regain a little sharpness back with the hopes I didn't ruin it too much with diffraction which starts at about f/6.9 on this sensor.
    Did it show f/8 wide open with the stacked TCs? IIRC, only one is reported, so it shows f/5.6,wide open, meaning if you set it to f/11, you're really at f/16.

Just wanted to share something odd that happened with my EOS-M. It arrived on Friday at work. I pulled an SD card out of a work camera to play with it at lunch. I am pretty sure I accidentally took a shot by touching the screen before reformatting the work SD card. I then took it with me on a weekend trip to see my wife's family. In reviewing the pictures Saturday, I noticed that the file numbers were greater than 2800. I thought this was odd as every other camera I have bought started with "0" and I had only taken ~30-50 shots with the EOS-M by the time I noticed. I became concerned that my EOS-M was "used" even though everything else made it seem like it was brand new (packaging, entering time-date, etc). I emailed B&H (used the last of my credits to help buy the EOS-M) and they got back to me with a very bland email response saying that I likely received a "previously used" unit. I say very bland as there was no apology, to real effort on their behalf, considering if what they said was correct, they had sent me a used camera body when I had paid for a new one.....but I no longer think that is what happened. Arriving at work again today, I found the last photos taken on that work SD card, the file number ended with IMG-2781. I also found the first photo that I kept taken with the reformatted work SD card on the EOS-M: IMG-2786. As I had fired off a few other shots that had been deleted (I kept one of a co-workers dog). So, I am now thinking that the EOS-M matched the file counter number to the photos still on the work SD card because I accidently took a shot before reformatting the card. Odd, never expected something like this to happen, so I thought I'd share....

I've experienced that very same behavior before - when switching cards between two Canon DSLRs. If you take a card out of a camera with pictures already on it, the Canon DSLR will increment the next file by the next number for that card. This "feature" means that the camera won't try to create duplicate filenames when you use the cards across multiple cameras.

Same here. I pulled a card from my T1i and used it in my new 6D without reformatting and was surprised later to see the file numbers starting in the 6000 range.
    Mark - Flickr

It could be that I format a lot or I don't change cards often, both of which are true, but I can't remember that happening before. But I appreciate the comments as it just helps convince me that the EOS-M was new and I don't need to return it.

A few shots taken last Saturday. The trip was to see my wife's family and to do some of her favorite things in Rhode Island. We had a nice walk along the river in downtown Providence. I normally would not have had a camera with me, but the EOS-M is compact enough, it was strapped around my neck. I am really taking to this little guy.

18 mm, 1/400, f/5.6, ISO 160

small-2842 by kayaker72, on Flickr

19 mm, 1/4, f/5.6, ISO 4000 (should have dropped the aperture)

small-2852 by kayaker72, on Flickr

18 mm, 30 sec, f/10, ISO 100

small-2859 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Nice shots, Brant. Didn't realize Providence was so picturesque.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Nice shots, Brant. Didn't realize Providence was so picturesque.
    Thanks Mark....lots of great restaurants too. The downtown has gone through a pretty impressive revitalization over the last 20 years.....

A couple more shots with the EOS-M:

M 18-55 @55 mm, 1/200, f/8, ISO 100

small-2866 by kayaker72, on Flickr

M 18-55 @ 41 mm, 1/320, f/8, ISO 100

small-2900 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant