Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Post your M shots!

Our annual trip to the Book Barn in Niantic, CT. Very cool place.

EOS-M and EF-M 18-55.

Mark - Flickr

A few more with the M. Great little camera. Everyone knows it's flaws, what I ran into with these shots is that I really was barely able to use the LCD in the daylight, but I am really impressed with the 18-55 lens.

small-3056 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-3044 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Ok...so more zoom would be nice ....Here I was really wishing I had the 100-400 L....

I have done some soul searching and believe that I should shut my mouth and enjoy my camera. Here are some I have posted in the assignment thread. I rarely take my 7D out of the bag anymore. I find it more fun to attach my other lenses to the M and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I have a feeling I'll be happy once I settle in on a bag to carry it in.
    Just wondering what other people have settled in on. I've tested four bags--all by Lowepro: the Dashpoint 30, Edit 100, Edit 110, and Apex 100 AW. I ended up with both the 22 f/2 (ebay), 18-55 lenses (kit), and 90 EX (kit). I can fit my entire EOS-M "kit" in the Edit 110. Which is pretty compact. I wish the Edit 110 was a little more robust, but I looked at the Apex 110 AW as well as a few top loaders and the Edit 110 seems to be the best currently available.

For when I just want to take the EOS-M w/ 18-55, I think I have settled in on the Apex 100 AW. It fits in there easily with extra room for something like a battery charger. It also has the robust AW construction for hiking or something like that. The EOS-M w/18-55 does fit in the Dashpoint 30 and Edit 100. But both are pretty snug for my taste and leave little room for anything more than an extra memory card.

I am not yet 100% happy as I think a bag designed for the EOS-M could make it remarkably portable. But this is getting pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I have done some soul searching and believe that I should shut my mouth and enjoy my camera. .............. I rarely take my 7D out of the bag anymore. I find it more fun to attach my other lenses to the M and shoot.
    It is a very nice little camera. It does have some flaws, namely the brightness of the screen in daylight. What I find remarkable are the lenses. They are both very sharp. Also, it does have a certain "fun factor" to it.....
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-27-2013 at 12:24 AM.

The Portland 30 is a good bag for just the EOS M and 22mm lens.

Dave

I was stuck with the only thing my Best Buy had in stock before our trip and it works pretty well. I ended up with the Manfrotto Solo 1 Holster Camera Bag. It fits the M with the zoom and my adapter. My guess is the adapter is the same size as the 22mm f/2, so when I score some cash it will go in the adapters place.

Ft. Wayne TinCaps stadium pano. Image links to the full 27MB pano. Four images shot with the EOS-M and 22mm lens. Stitched in PS.

Last edited by M_Six; 10-22-2013 at 01:00 AM.
    Mark - Flickr

Very nice Mark, did you bring a tripod into the park or did you free hand this?

Dave

Just freehand. My patented pivot in place pano method. :-)
    Mark - Flickr

Mark - Flickr