Thread: Post your M shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think it is on sale for a reason, priced down before a new release maybe?

I thought about buying one for the wife a few months back, bought her a T4 instead.
    I would like to have one but would like a few of the negatives corrected with an upgrade. Faster autofocus and a faster frame rate are a few of the things they need to improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Faster autofocus and a faster frame rate are a few of the things they need to improve on.
    I read that, but in fact the AF is pretty snappy, for still subjects. Way better than my S100, for example. I think a lot of people leave it on the default settings, but setting it to FlexiiZone Single and turning off continuous AF really make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I think it is on sale for a reason, priced down before a new release maybe?
    Probably. But when? And will it have the 70D's Dual Pixel CMOS AF sensor, or will that be in a different M? Canon may split the segment, releasing a more consumer-oriented version (very like the current one, but with the T5i/SL1's sensor that let's them say 'improved AF' because it's Hybrid CMOS II), and subsequently a higher level version with an EVF option (or included) and the 70D's sensor?

Also, the M launched at $800 and drifted down to $600. A new one will be a LOT more expensive than the $300 of the current one on sale.

The way I look at it, I got a great deal on a useful tool. If I find myself using it a lot, I'll likely get the version that comes with the 70D's sensor, whenever that happens. Then, I'll have the current one converted for IR - it's an ideal camera for that use, and a bargain way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Probably. But when?
    If I order one today it will be next Friday.