Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your M shots!

Post your M shots!

I haven't seen a dedicated thread to this camera and want to see what others are doing with theirs. I missed out on the 22mm pancake deal, but grabbed the zoom version. (sure wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier to get the 22mm) I don't really have that many shots with it as of yet, but plan to do a little more with it this weekend. I purchased the adapter from Fotodiox for $60 and have been using my other glass.

So post your shots! Let's see what this little monster can do!

Six early favorites all with the 22mm lens:

2013_07_13_0220_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_13_0209_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_13_0208_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_13_0175_upd_bw by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_12_0149_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_21_0243_LR-1_upd_bw by dthrog00, on Flickr

In my opinion the combination is quite good!

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

This is an ~80% crop from the center of an image taken with the M and 22mm. The 22 is insanely sharp, especially in the center.

This shot I have twice. Once with the 24mm TS-E and once with the M and 22mm. This is from the M.

One more.

Last edited by M_Six; 07-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Mark - Flickr

You all are making me regret not jumping on that sale.....

I think it's still available. Some folks who bought from B&H got the M w/22mm and the EX 90 flash for $299.
    Mark - Flickr

I think it is on sale for a reason, priced down before a new release maybe?

I thought about buying one for the wife a few months back, bought her a T4 instead.
    I would like to have one but would like a few of the negatives corrected with an upgrade. Faster autofocus and a faster frame rate are a few of the things they need to improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Faster autofocus and a faster frame rate are a few of the things they need to improve on.
    I read that, but in fact the AF is pretty snappy, for still subjects. Way better than my S100, for example. I think a lot of people leave it on the default settings, but setting it to FlexiiZone Single and turning off continuous AF really make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I think it is on sale for a reason, priced down before a new release maybe?
    Probably. But when? And will it have the 70D's Dual Pixel CMOS AF sensor, or will that be in a different M? Canon may split the segment, releasing a more consumer-oriented version (very like the current one, but with the T5i/SL1's sensor that let's them say 'improved AF' because it's Hybrid CMOS II), and subsequently a higher level version with an EVF option (or included) and the 70D's sensor?

Also, the M launched at $800 and drifted down to $600. A new one will be a LOT more expensive than the $300 of the current one on sale.

The way I look at it, I got a great deal on a useful tool. If I find myself using it a lot, I'll likely get the version that comes with the 70D's sensor, whenever that happens. Then, I'll have the current one converted for IR - it's an ideal camera for that use, and a bargain way to get there.

Is it still for sale for $299? I see $399 on B&H, out of stock at Adorama, and $448 on amazon. I didn't pull the trigger on the sale as I am not sure I see how it fits into my kit. I pretty much lug the dSLR everywhere. I do want a better point and shoot, but I want that to be "pocketable" and may go for the S110 + pixima 100 sale just announced. So, for those of you that now have one, is the EOS-M close enough to being "pocketable?"

Not really pocketable. I can get the M with 22mm in my jeans pocket, but as my friend commented, "Is that an M in your pocket or are you just happy to have a Canon?"

It's tight and obvious in pants pockets. With cargo shorts it might be better. If you were wearing a barn coat or vest or something with larger pockets, it wouldn't be an issue. But there would certainly be a big difference between the M and the Sxxx line of point-and-shoots.

Mine sits in a very small compartment in my main bag. It's easily accessible when I'm shooting with teles and need a wide angle shot. Or if I'm going out for a walk, I just grab it to take with me. I use a wrist strap, so it's always at hand.

I don't know what's up with the sales now. B&H's $399 version comes with the EX 90 flash, although many folks have been reporting they got the flash kit for $299. Maybe a warehouse picker error at B&H, who knows.
    Mark - Flickr

Re: Post your M shots!

I actually kinda liked playing with it when I had a chance. It's purse-able, but that's about the extent. I doubt I would take it to a dimly lit place in public. That would make me a hypocrite as I often cuss all these screens lighting up as everyone is taking pics of their meal being served to them. It used to just be the flash. Now the screen is just as bright and stays lit for 2sec. Good images though, and there are still sales floating around for the camera/lens combo. If I weren't broke and needed another camera, I'd buy it for the sale price regardless of it lacking dual pixel focus (and pricing).
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.