Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your M shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post your M shots!

I haven't seen a dedicated thread to this camera and want to see what others are doing with theirs. I missed out on the 22mm pancake deal, but grabbed the zoom version. (sure wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier to get the 22mm) I don't really have that many shots with it as of yet, but plan to do a little more with it this weekend. I purchased the adapter from Fotodiox for $60 and have been using my other glass.

So post your shots! Let's see what this little monster can do!

Six early favorites all with the 22mm lens:

2013_07_13_0220_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_13_0209_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_13_0208_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_13_0175_upd_bw by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_12_0149_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2013_07_21_0243_LR-1_upd_bw by dthrog00, on Flickr

In my opinion the combination is quite good!

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

This is an ~80% crop from the center of an image taken with the M and 22mm. The 22 is insanely sharp, especially in the center.

This shot I have twice. Once with the 24mm TS-E and once with the M and 22mm. This is from the M.

One more.

Last edited by M_Six; 07-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    Mark - Flickr

You all are making me regret not jumping on that sale.....

I think it's still available. Some folks who bought from B&H got the M w/22mm and the EX 90 flash for $299.
    Mark - Flickr

I think it is on sale for a reason, priced down before a new release maybe?

I thought about buying one for the wife a few months back, bought her a T4 instead.
    I would like to have one but would like a few of the negatives corrected with an upgrade. Faster autofocus and a faster frame rate are a few of the things they need to improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Faster autofocus and a faster frame rate are a few of the things they need to improve on.
    I read that, but in fact the AF is pretty snappy, for still subjects. Way better than my S100, for example. I think a lot of people leave it on the default settings, but setting it to FlexiiZone Single and turning off continuous AF really make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I think it is on sale for a reason, priced down before a new release maybe?
    Probably. But when? And will it have the 70D's Dual Pixel CMOS AF sensor, or will that be in a different M? Canon may split the segment, releasing a more consumer-oriented version (very like the current one, but with the T5i/SL1's sensor that let's them say 'improved AF' because it's Hybrid CMOS II), and subsequently a higher level version with an EVF option (or included) and the 70D's sensor?

Also, the M launched at $800 and drifted down to $600. A new one will be a LOT more expensive than the $300 of the current one on sale.

The way I look at it, I got a great deal on a useful tool. If I find myself using it a lot, I'll likely get the version that comes with the 70D's sensor, whenever that happens. Then, I'll have the current one converted for IR - it's an ideal camera for that use, and a bargain way to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Probably. But when?
    If I order one today it will be next Friday.

Is it still for sale for $299? I see $399 on B&H, out of stock at Adorama, and $448 on amazon. I didn't pull the trigger on the sale as I am not sure I see how it fits into my kit. I pretty much lug the dSLR everywhere. I do want a better point and shoot, but I want that to be "pocketable" and may go for the S110 + pixima 100 sale just announced. So, for those of you that now have one, is the EOS-M close enough to being "pocketable?"

Not really pocketable. I can get the M with 22mm in my jeans pocket, but as my friend commented, "Is that an M in your pocket or are you just happy to have a Canon?"

It's tight and obvious in pants pockets. With cargo shorts it might be better. If you were wearing a barn coat or vest or something with larger pockets, it wouldn't be an issue. But there would certainly be a big difference between the M and the Sxxx line of point-and-shoots.

Mine sits in a very small compartment in my main bag. It's easily accessible when I'm shooting with teles and need a wide angle shot. Or if I'm going out for a walk, I just grab it to take with me. I use a wrist strap, so it's always at hand.

I don't know what's up with the sales now. B&H's $399 version comes with the EX 90 flash, although many folks have been reporting they got the flash kit for $299. Maybe a warehouse picker error at B&H, who knows.
    Mark - Flickr