Thread: I just did my first ever paid job! How did I do?

I just did my first ever paid job! How did I do?

I did a maternity shoot for one of my coworkers, who's also a close friend of mine. We got him, his wife, and their two children together for pictures. We wanted to do more with all four of them, but the toddler was being uncooperative. There will be more pictures posted, but for now I am just going to post the one that I thought was the best of the bunch.

I like the pose, location, and framing. And at f/5.6 both faces look to be in focus.

I love the fact that he's wearing a bow-tie (especially a wild-looking one). :-)

Nice natural feel to this one and a palpable connection between photographer and subjects...well done.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

"Bow-ties are cool." Indeed. The fence is a bit distracting, I don't know if it's because the board goes through her head or because it's white and is a dominate bright object in the frame or what. BUT it's not so distracting that it makes it a bad photo to me. I really like it. You did the most important thing and that was to get genuine expressions out of your subjects. I dig it. Keep that kind of interaction with your clients up and you'll keep getting paid work.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

I just now noticed these replies, thank you everyone! I agree a bit with the fence though, but that's the location they wanted. I'm just glad that they were happy with the end results. You can see the rest of the pictures I posted here, www.facebook.com/DavidWarePhoto