Thread: New member

Hello all....

My name is David and this is my first post here.

I've enjoyed taking photographs since I was a kid and was given my first camera, a 110 cartridge type. I have mostly used point and shoot models until recently when I decided to go for broke and buy the Canon 5d M3 and a few lenses almost a year ago.

Here are a few of my favorite shots so far....

Hi RaoulDuke! Glad to have you here. We've got a great group of friendly and helpful members here in the community. I hope you get as much out of it as I do!

By the way, I'm especially fond of the first and last pictures you posted. Those are especially well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Hi RaoulDuke! Glad to have you here. We've got a great group of friendly and helpful members here in the community. I hope you get as much out of it as I do!

By the way, I'm especially fond of the first and last pictures you posted. Those are especially well executed.
    I agree...the fireworks shot is especially good. Welcome.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Very nice - thanks for sharing with us
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Welcome, David! Glad to have you in the group and thanks for sharing those fantastic pictures. Looking forward to seeing many more!

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words. I usually end up taking a lot of shots before I am lucky enough to get a good one. But I don't mind because it really is a lot of fun.

I am no stranger to this informative website and forum; I've already learned a bunch from my reading here. Although I'm not very technologically savvy when it comes to photography, I look forward to being a member and learning what I can from others.