Thread: October 12 - Big Sur?

October 12 - Big Sur?

Or somewhere near there. I have an "all company" operations meeting in North Ridge CA on 10/10. I am going to do some peer to peer work on 10/11 and then stay over and depart on Sunday back east.

Thoughts or some other grand vista?
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I assume Northridge in the LA area? The coast north of there is beautiful. Out of Oxnard/Ventura you can take a ferry to the Channel Islands. Then Santa Barbara. Moving north in San Luis Obispo, you have Really Right Stuff, which, if they have a store I'd be tempted to stop at. Then getting back to the coast, Morro Bay is nice, then Hearst Castle which would have some great opportunities to shoot, right near Hearst Castle along the coast I've typically found seals and walrus, and then the coast up to Big Sur is one vista after another. Honestly, I need to take more time to photography Big Sur. The area is beautiful. I am typically with coworkers so we just drive down to the Phoenix/Nepenthe Restaurant, take a few shots along the way and from the restaurant. But, if you have never been, it is well worth the trip. Good luck...

October 12 - Big Sur?

Pfeifer beach is popular, and more. Haven't explored them yet myself. I think Ernogy's Flickr stream might be a good inspiration

Arnt
    Arnt

Yep Northridge "LA" I will look at the photosteams. thanks for the ideas.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

IMO Point Lobos is an amazing place for photography (and just to be). But the whole coast around there is amazing.