Thread: Is there an amber color filter?

Is there an amber color filter?

I have a pair of polarized, amber colored sunglasses and I think the view through these are wonderful, the colors of sunsets, etc... Is there an amber color filter that I can use on my 7d? I have seen filters that are really yellow, but not amber. thank you,

Yes there are .... a #81 warming filter is what you are referring to I think: http://www.adorama.com/LE81EF.html?g...FQyk4AodO24Arg

Great Thanks! I see there are different #81's to choose from. Starting at 81 3300k to 3200k going to a 81ef 3850to 3200k. I understand that each one will provide a different warming effect according to the kelvin numbers, I just would like to be sure on which one is right for what I need. The 81ef that you showed me looks like this will be the right one. Is there a color chart of some sort for the kelvin # system?

oops forgot! Have you seen any that are the twist on filter style? I did a search and only the square Lee filters come up. I will also have to buy a (?) to put onto my lens to hold this square filter on. What is it called?

Yes. You will a lens adapter and filter holder. There are kits available with all the pieces included. Look up Cokin Filters.

There are several #81 shades too

http://www.cokin.co.uk/pages/colour3.htm

Hi, maybe you should consider adding any color cast you like in post processing. Honestly I don't see any use for filters adding only a color cast (in digital photography), but of course it´s your own choice.