Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Image of the Week...Week#12

Jayson, you can't see the picture, it says "Content Protected By Owner"

I climbed Mt Fuji last Sunday night at about 9pm, I didnt reach the summit by sunrise but I took these photos around Station 8 at 6am. Later, the summit was overwhelmed with fog and rain, as it rained a lot after sunrise, so summit pictures are moot. Sand, rain and 45knot gusts made anything difficult. It was actually raining in this picture slightly, and really cold and windy.

I guess this would be landscape. The photo is a landscape panoramic.

”富士山上りました”
    Last edited by UmiKaibutsu; 09-06-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Landscape
    Title: Lighthouse at Sunset

Manistee Lighthouse-6388 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWare View Post
    Jayson, you can't see the picture, it says "Content Protected By Owner"
    Man, must be a good one then. Sorry about that guys...fixing it.
    Last edited by Jayson; 09-06-2013 at 05:04 AM.

I spent part of the weekend kayaking in northern New Hampshire. We saw this guy at Lake Umbagog.

Portrait: "Bad Feather Day"

small-6407 by kayaker72, on Flickr
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Brant - that's awesome. I also really like the Pileated Woodpecker on the Current Shots page. I Googled "Umbagog" to find the lake... it looks fantastic and in a great part of the world. I imagine it must also be a fine place to shoot the fall colours. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Jonathan and great shot of the aurora, btw. Umbagog is a great spot...no Canadian Rockies, but great none-the-less. I may have to make it back up there for fall colors.... we'll see...another 3-4 weeks.

I just recently learned about frequency separation retouching and had to give it a try. So, here's a first attempt at using that technique on a pic of my wife. I only played the low frequency layer and refined the catchlight in her eyes (I haven't yet learned much about what to do with the high frequency layer). While the image is titled "She Said Yes" it's not the yes that you might think. She hates having her picture taken and I can't believe that she allowed me to take one, let alone post it. Anyway, here's my attempt and here's to her saying yes.

Portrait: She Said Yes

She Said Yes (in color) by B_R_T, on Flickr

This is my submission for the thing with eyes, however, in the set I shot yesterday, there are many other objects with more interesting eyes. This is a dropbox link to the set. While I did scale down 2500x2500 I left quality jpeg 8 so the details are there if you download a full image.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2owjzny1qx43hh/KQSNTAUvp-

Being a car collector and BMW fanatic I thought my father would enjoy these. The location is the 国営昭和記念公園 near 立川 in the suburbs of 東京。(Japan) I had to request permission to shoot with 2 light stands, umbrellas and strobes as this is inside a cultural center and museum. There was a lot of backlight on most of the items (in front of windows) and regular flash on camera had a bad effect. I am curious if anyone would take a moment to tell me what I could have done better. I shot about 100 items in 5 hours, moving stands and tripod constantly. I used 1/4 power and upped to full power on both strobes near the end. I wanted ISO 50 or 100 for the detail, shot at mostly F11 and 8 with mostly average 4 second shutter. I had to extend battery usage on the flash since I only had 1 set of spares for the cheapy flash and no extra for the 600exrt.

”どもどもありがとう” ("Domo Arigatou" (Mister Roboto))

I'll upload these to my site and change the dropbox link later. The artists name is Tanaka, I need to get his Bio which I forgot to shoot when I was there. He is a scuba instructor and obvious BMW enthusiast in Japan. I feel much of his work is being disregarded and that it should be shared among other facilities. The MET Japanese area in NYC could benefit from some of these things, as it is painfully lacking of works and is of small size. The thing that is incredible is the integration of mechanical and biological elements, which most artists using metal car parts never do.
    Last edited by UmiKaibutsu; 09-09-2013 at 02:47 AM.

My Landscape entry for this week "Cloudy Day":

small-6503 by kayaker72, on Flickr