Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Product photography tips?

That's great stuff right there. I'll have to google it when I get home this weekend.

I've looked up a few ideas, and the collapsible hamper seems the simplest. I might also invest in a cheap fish tank as well. Thanks again guys, any more ideas?

Bought a fishtank, and a lamp. Picking up the Glock, assuming it hasn't been sold yet, today. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidWare View Post
    Bought a fishtank, and a lamp. Picking up the Glock, assuming it hasn't been sold yet, today. Fingers crossed!
    If you are buying the Glock retail maybe you should buy some fish instead.
    Our friendly federal ATF guys are at home today. No one will be there to do the paperwork.

I didn't even think of that. I hope that doesn't prevent me from buying a gun.

Edit: Just looked it up and this is what I found
    Frank Herndon at Backwoods Outdoors requests a background check on a customer for the sale of a gun. Herndon says his customers have said they are confused by the government shutdown and it's effect on them.

Herndon said "Yes they are. I've had several phone calls over the last day or two. People wanting to know if they can still purchase a gun if they have to do a background check."

The answer is yes. Those background checks are done through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System , or the NICS, a division of the Department of Justice Criminal Justice Information Services. Because they are a federal law enforcement division, those employees are not furloughed by the government shutdown. And Herndon says the shutdown has not slowed them down.

Herndon said "We though maybe there was going to be a delay in the process when we started calling in background checks. But so far we haven't seen anything. It's not any slower than usual."

Looks like I am good to go!
    Last edited by DavidWare; 10-05-2013 at 02:50 PM.

I was expecting it to be okay, but I got there from a different angle. As the right to bear arms is guaranteed by your constitution, preventing you from buying a gun would be a violation of your constitutional rights. Violating those rights wouldn't be acceptable, therefore it's one of the super important things that can't be shut down.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

I didn't think of it that way. Makes a lot of sense though.

Anyways, here's a shot I snapped off real quick before I had to go to work, just a real simple one thrown down on a sheet and lit with a lamp.

Annnnnnd a couple more.