Thread: How to make "look" on images

How to make "look" on images

I have tried and google tutorials of how to make "look". If you look at todays top photographers - they always have a certain look which is very contrasted and little color. Also they are razor-blade sharp and every thing stands out. I know tricks like highpass and overlay a b/w image - but thats about it.

Look for example at this photographers work:
    http://www.garrigosastudio.com

What post processing software do you have? I use Adobe Lightroom, and you would achieve most of that style by increasing the contrast, vibrance, sharpening, and clarity, and decreasing the saturation. You will have to play around with each setting to get what you want.
    - Eric
    Canon 7D, 70-200 f/2.8 II, 17-55 f/2.8, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 50mm f/1.8 II, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 2x III, 430EX II
    flickr.com/ericolsson

Quote Originally Posted by Jespergb View Post
    I have tried and google tutorials of how to make "look". If you look at todays top photographers - they always have a certain look which is very contrasted and little color. Also they are razor-blade sharp and every thing stands out. I know tricks like highpass and overlay a b/w image - but thats about it.

Look for example at this photographers work:
    http://www.garrigosastudio.com
    Seriously? Did you watch the videos on how they did it on the site?
    I would start by hiring the artists and then the move to the lighting crew. Hiring the key people will be difficult.

But the hardest part will be finding a submissive Rhino (7 of 93 in the portfolio, I couldn't link it)

Awesome images on that site. They appear be artistic ideas that are created with extreme production techniques followed a mastery of post processing. Sort of like the images on Phlearn.com Requires a great idea coupled with a lot of work and equipment to execute it.