Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1D X Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Not sure this is a tip or trick, but....

How often should we expect to clean the sensor. 3,500 or so frames and several spots have appeared. Didn't seem to have this issue w/ my 5dIII. It took a long time to get spots on the sensor.

Thoughts?
    I clean my sensor fairly often. My APS-C cameras only very rarely get dust, but my 1D X attracts it like a Swiffer. Rocket Blower, Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly and a Sensor Loupe are all I've needed (I have Sensor Stamps just in case).

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    I clean my sensor fairly often. My APS-C cameras only very rarely get dust, but my 1D X attracts it like a Swiffer. Rocket Blower, Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly and a Sensor Loupe are all I've needed (I have Sensor Stamps just in case).
    My 1DXII has been very good so far at avoiding dust. Mind you, most of the time I use it for wildlife photography and I'm shooting with a wide open aperture, which makes all but the worst dust spots unnoticeable. I agree with Neuro's protocol for cleaning, in the exact order that he lists. The sensor stamps work very well, but I'd try all the other methods first.