Thread: Mavericks and EOS Utility

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mavericks and EOS Utility

Hello all!

With the release of a new OS X there is always some lag time between release and Canon releasing an update so EOS Utility works. Has anyone downloaded Mavericks and had any luck with the latest version of the EOS Utility working? I have heard of some performance tweaks to the new OS X and am eager to take advantage of the upgrade, but don't want to be without my Canon stuff working. I have heard from others that LR5 still works fine but they all shoot Nikon.

Thanks for the help!

Jayson

EOS Utility works fine under Mavericks. I should qualify that by saying I haven't upgraded to the released version of OS X 10.9, but I have been running the Appleseed versions of Mavericks in a sandbox partition for a couple of months, no issues with EOS Utility, CS6, DxO Optics Pro (v8 and the new v9). I've also seen forum posts elsewhere confirming that tethered shooting with EOS Utility works under the public release of Mavericks. So...you should be fine to upgrade. Pretty painless if you're coming from Mountain Lion, and free is a nice bonus (and in case you didn't know, iWork and iLife apps are free now, too).

That's good news. I am actually coming from lion so hopefully nothing crazy. Good weekend project I think!

Thanks John!

Mountain Lion to Mavericks just installs right in top. For Lion and Snow Leopard to Mavericks, there's a Migration Assistant.

Thanks. I haven't looked into it yet but hoping it should be an easy update. Good to know about the migration assistant. Guess it's time to start making sure everything is backed up.