Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Creative Cloud

Yeah, I was impressed by the people at EIU. Looks like a great place to work. Granted, I much prefer the geographic location of Cape in comparison to Charleston. However, it is hard to find nice flat bike rides here when you aren't interested in hitting hills.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

We have no shortage of flat here. Goes on for miles and miles. :-) The only positive elevation is Mt. Chuck (the landfill). We have some negative elevation in the river cuts, so you could find some "hills" if you wish.
    Mark - Flickr

So today I asked for an update on the school's licensing of Adobe CC and found out it has fallen through for some inane legal reasons. They're back to square one as far as license negotiations I guess. So I went ahead and grabbed the $9.99/mo plan since today is the last day for that. If the school gets a license later this year, I'll let mine lapse after the one year mark.

Photoshop CC has spoiled me. I guess I get to play with Lightroom now, too.
    Mark - Flickr

That's too bad. Maybe if enough universities cancel their licenses, Adobe will come up with something different for universities.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

I'm reading now that Adobe has extended the $9.99/mo offer. Anyone else hear that? Sean?

I'm amazed at the vitriol out there about Adobe CC. I see it as Adobe finally finding a way to beat the cheaters and get paid for their product, while making it easy to afford for many. The most common misconception I keep hearing is that after a year Adobe will jack the prices up. I suppose they could go up some, but I doubt it will be to the point where they lose too much of their new customer base. And no matter how you slice it, the monthly fee is easier to handle than the $800 price tag for the full retail version. I suppose it's more expensive than the free Torrent version, though.

Sooner of later all software will be sold this way. Microsoft is going this route with Office 365 already.
    Mark - Flickr

Adobe has indeed extended the offer (I got the news about an hour ago). I was planning on posting the news tomorrow morning. Think I should post it now instead?

Here's the link where TDP gets credit: Adobe Photography Membership Program

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    I keep hearing is that after a year Adobe will jack the prices up. I suppose they could go up some, but I doubt it will be to the point where they lose too much of their new customer base.
    As I understand it, if you sign up for this at $9.99, then quit, you won't get that price again, so that is a price increase that will probably be much higher than the initial offering.

It might be fine for someone who hasn't got the full PS (assuming they keep the subscription going), but it's not an $800 outlay for people who already own PS. An upgrade can be had for $200, or less, which is what I've paid for since CS3. I won't sign up for the subscription, but I would take an upgrade for $200. Most of the work needed for photo retouching can be handled with CS6 (and, previous versions, for that matter). What bugs me about the cc is that I don't have any option to upgrade beyond CS6, unless I'm signing up for the subscription. There are 10s of thousands out there that do NOT want the subscription, and Adobe is not listening to those customers. They can do what they want, of course.
    Last edited by shutterdown; 12-05-2013 at 12:55 AM.