Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image of the Week #24

Nice shots everyone....here is one of mine from my trip out to Idaho. I'll want to go back. I'll consider this trip a scouting mission...but here is one of my favorites from the morning:

"Palouse Falls at Sunrise"

small-0784 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Gorgeous Brant

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My selections for this week are:

Portrait: Pat "Snowy Owl". I know this was the only portrait submitted this week, possibly because nobody else wanted to go up against such a great shot. Whatever the reason, it's a worthy contender for the next monthly final.

Landscape: Brant "Palouse Falls at Sunrise". This was a more difficult decision but I selected Brant's shot because I've never seen anything like that before. It's well exposed from corner to corner and the composition with the rising sun works really well.

As usual, I enjoyed looking at all the entries. Thanks for your participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stringer View Post
    My selections for this week are:

Portrait: Pat "Snowy Owl". I know this was the only portrait submitted this week, possibly because nobody else wanted to go up against such a great shot. Whatever the reason, it's a worthy contender for the next monthly final.
    Andy - Thank you for the kind words, but this cracked me up. Thank goodness that portraits of wild animals are allowed, and that there were no other entries. I do hope we get more portraits in the future, because it is an area that I am weak at, and I learn a lot when others participate. I need good examples to learn from ( I have the "what not to do" examples down pretty good).

Brant - That was a beautiful shot... congratulations.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Andy, Mark and Pat...thank you, I am glad you like the shot! Andy, thanks for the selection.

Pat. Congratulations. You scared off the competition!

Awesome shot, Brant. Looks to be quite chilly there. And out at sunrise to boot.
    Mark - Flickr