Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 2014 Image of the Week - #7

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Kayaker72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    4,162

    2014 Image of the Week - #7

    This entry period will be from Monday February 10th to Sunday February 16th for Week 7.

    Only two categories of images will be judged:


    1. Portraits -- Anything with eyes; people or animals
    2. Landscape -- Country, town, city, sea, abstract, things (water drops, smoke, flowers, candles, and so on)



    Each category will have a single winner each week. This week will be judged by Jayson.

    Please supply a title for your image and which category it is entering. Enter as many times as you would like, old or new images.

    Good luck!

  2. #2
    Senior Member neuroanatomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,716
    Portrait entry:

    "Flying Low"

    EOS 1D X, EF 600mm f/4L IS II + EF 2x III Extender, 1/2500 s, f/11, ISO 1000


    Landscape entry:

    "Promise of Spring"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    439
    Seems like a slow week...I'll try to give this a bump by adding two from me:


    Landscape: Lombard Street at Night.


    Portrait: Synchronized Swimming



    Thanks for looking.
    Stephen

  4. #4
    Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    322
    Portrait: Reddish egret


    5dii, 500mm f4 IS II @ f4, 1/2500, ISO 320

  5. #5
    Senior Member conropl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,458
    All the portraits above are amazing catches. Tough category, but my Daughter went with my wife and I to the car show... so I had a cute model to help the car shots. This was my favorite o her.

    Portrait: Car Show


    Sport'n a Mazda -7989 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,006
    These are really great entries....so I will throw one in to lower the standards a little ..... a self portrait.....yikes!


  7. #7
    Senior Member Jayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    1,650
    Great set of images everyone! My picks for the photo of the week are...

    Portrait winner is Synchronized Swimming by Stephen. The timing, focus, and being in the right place at the right time worked for this one. Nick and Joel were definitely a close second.

    Stephen also takes the landscape category with
    Lombard Street at Night. I am a big fan of night photography and he captured that one well. I really liked John's promise of spring, but Stephen got the edge.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA, USA
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    These are really great entries....so I will throw one in to lower the standards a little ..... a self portrait.....yikes!

    That is a very good picture Joel. Well done.Impressive subject, too
    Arnt

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    That is a very good picture Joel. Well done.Impressive subject, too
    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Great set of images everyone! My picks for the photo of the week are...

    Portrait winner is Synchronized Swimming by Stephen. The timing, focus, and being in the right place at the right time worked for this one. Nick and Joel were definitely a close second.

    Stephen also takes the landscape category with
    Lombard Street at Night. I am a big fan of night photography and he captured that one well. I really liked John's promise of spring, but Stephen got the edge.
    Another double winner....congrats!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •