Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon selling

hmm... maybe I should consider Amazon. The used items listed appear expensive and I'd be the lowest price on there...

I'm having some difficult finding out what the process is though, I'll have to research more.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Throgmartin; 02-27-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Dave, that's what I was finding too. I was curious about the process also and am looking into it when I get a moment.

I'm going to give FM a try and see how it works out. If you have success on amazon, report back!

Dave

Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    I'm going to give FM a try and see how it works out. If you have success on amazon, report back!

Dave
    Sold the EOS M, EF-M 22mm, and adapter already on FM. Posted Monday and sold Tuesday. So far so good!

Dave

Dave, how much did you ask for, and how much did you accept? Without that info, selling gear in a day doesn't give us much info.

If you offered these at, say, half price, then it's not surprising they sold quickly. If you sold them at 90% of retail in a day, that's much more impressive.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Dave, how much did you ask for, and how much did you accept? Without that info, selling gear in a day doesn't give us much info.

If you offered these at, say, half price, then it's not surprising they sold quickly. If you sold them at 90% of retail in a day, that's much more impressive.
    I'm not sure how specific I want to get, but I'll say that my price was roughly 3/4 of what I paid new for them, retail for the camera and through Hong Kong for the adapter, last July.

Whenever you sell something quickly it does beg the question did you get what you could have for it? In my case I wanted what I thought was good value, but at the same time until the feedback process is done I have zip for references. That's a big problem to a lot of buyers.

Also, each item has its own market. The used market for the 24-70 f/2.8 I versus what people paid retail a few years ago is great. I wouldn't be surprised if people could sell them for more than they paid new in some cases. The 75-300 USM III does not have a robust used market. Pay $200 new today and you're probably lucky if you can sell it for $100 tomorrow.

One thing I think helped in my case is that I used a home made light box and took what I think are some pretty good product photos.

Overall, I'd recommend FM based on my experience. There's a fairly large and knowledgeable buyer base. Amazon may be really good too, I'm interested to hear Jayson's stories.

Dave