Thread: Water Skiing

Water Skiing

My idea of shooting sports was that it was easy... but I had never attempted a fast sport like water skiing. I now have a lot of respect for the pro's who do this for a living.

This was way harder than I had ever expected. Over two days I had than 3,000 shots, most are crap. PP is now going to take me a few week.

I find I like the very high shutter speeds the water looks way better, its more like glass.

Note the colour of the water is real, yes the river is brown, it's not pollution, contrary to what those from interstate say. While I don't mind enhancing colours I generally don't like to change colours.

Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

I have just started running out of disk space (again) so I have been spending a lot of time going back over thousands of images. While I'm still taking a lot of shots I just haven't been doing any PP. I found these that I had missed last time.

I have also spent some time trying to figure out why the IQ of my previous posts were so poor. These should be far better than the last set, but also a lot larger....

Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss