Thread: I'm trying to get back... motivational project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great to see you back and posting photos Jan. This is a great idea.

Regarding the critiques of the current two photos. I do like the cropped versions. I also wonder about decreasing the highlights in #1 a little (too much would make it look unnatural). Then I wondering about raising both shadows and overall exposure in #2.

Here are some quick efforts in LR4:

Name:  Small-1.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  106.0 KB

Temp -5
    Contrast +30
    Highlights -40
    Clarity -10
    Vibrance +10
    Saturation +5

Name:  Small-2.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  94.6 KB

Exposure +0.3
    Contrast -5
    Shadows +5
    Clarity -10
    Vibrance +10
    Saturation +5

I am no wizard in post and much of this is eye of the beholder type of stuff. Also, as I've tried to shoot many a niece and nephew being thrown into the air, #2 is a great capture.

BTW...always happy to help and I hope you have a speedy recovery now that they have the correct diagnosis.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the feedback. It encourages me
    I'll have to get back on the critique part of the photos some other time, but I must say that I see some good points in there. I'll get back on it later, because I just had to squeeze in my entry for the assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by iND View Post
    With the neck and back problem have you considered downsizing your equipment?
    Most definitely. I had been going on the all primes route. It is defintely funny and challenging, however it also meant that I had to carry multiple lenses for simple things. Which often meant that I didn't take my camera at all Also my girlfriend wasn't the biggest fan of going all primes so I bought a zoom again. Which often is the only lens I take so I don't need a backpack at all. I sold my macro, fisheye and old 24mm f2.8 and my current kit now looks like this:

- Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VR
    - Canon 40mm f2.8
    - Sigma 50mm f1.4
    - Canon 85mm f1.8
    - Canon 200mm f2.8 L
    - Canon 300mm f4L IS

I know it's still not really optimized for my physical abilities, however it's hard to take part of some of the lenses The Tamron makes a world of difference though. I enjoy having a multi-purpose lens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    BTW...always happy to help and I hope you have a speedy recovery now that they have the correct diagnosis.
    Can't thank you enough Brant. As for the recovery, I'm progressing however it's gonna take some time. But I'm on the right track.

I'll get back on the critique