Thread: Stock sites

Stock sites

I did a search, but was too lazy to comb through the pages of results to see if there was a thread about this. I know it wasn't on the first so I would assume there isn't one. It's Monday morning...sorry to start another.

I was wondering if anyone here submits to a stock photography site or if anyone has any recommendations of a site to submit too? I have done a little research on the subject and have a couple in mind, but wanted to see if others had experience in this matter.

I have quite a collection of stock material photos and am tired of them sitting on my hard drive doing nothing for me.

Thanks in advance!

Jayson

I submitted a bunch of images on Pixoto but have had no results

Nothing wrong with new threads. Maybe someone has a good site for you to try?

Dave

Hi Guys -

I know I haven't posted anything on here in ages but I was skimming the threads this morning and came across this one. I had never heard of Pixoto, Joel but I will definitely be checking them out ...thank you for mentioning it!

Getty, I know has gotten some negative feedback from photogs lately but I have been selling a few images about every other month or so through them for over a year now I think. Most of my buyers are from Italy, Germany and Canada with a few in the US and elsewhere. Granted, Getty keeps a nice chunk of the $ but something is definitely better than nothing for me and Getty gets a nice amount of traffic. I'm just lucky they (and the buyers) don't seem to picky on perfection! lol!

Here's one of my shots I found while in Petco one day (lets see if I still remember how to load an image to the site) ...

Ok, I guess I don't remember how to load from flickr so here is the link to it ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dtroci.../13764515913/#

Anyway, nice to see many of the "regulars" still active here and looking at your images is always a pleasure! I hope to post more in the near future! I don't think I will ever stop feeling like a beginner at photography!!

Denise

Good to hear from you Denise

Glad to know you're still "in the game" and selling some stock.....good for you!