Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newborn polar bear cubs

Brant,

Actually that might be a good topic for a thread or even better a section (Might I suggest a title "Photography Adventures, Where I Went, What I Did")

Have a general topic where those who have used photography guides, services or something similar can post their expierience and possibly give a short review. Although I for the most part am a DIY adventure planner recently I have found myself looking up services that provide photography adventures.

The best resource we have now is to ask Jonathan to take us along on his next adventure. Maybe he could use someone to carry his equipment. Just saying...

Rick,

I like the idea. While I am not set on all my gear, I am getting close enough that I can see starting to invest more in photographic adventures. So far all of mine have been DYI, but that may change.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    The best resource we have now is to ask Jonathan to take us along on his next adventure. Maybe he could use someone to carry his equipment. Just saying...
    As long as my job description isn't "Bear Bait," I am in.....
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 04-30-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Hey Brant and Rick -

Great ideas. I think the next person in the forum who goes on an adventure should definitely start that new thread.

I have traveled with a couple of Canadian companies, Arctic Kingdom and Fathom Expeditions. I have also connected with a pro photographer in Canmore who organizes great photo tours. His name is John Marriott and his website is http://www.canwildphototours.com (although his tours sell out more than a year in advance). On my trips to Yellowknife NWT I connect with a small company called My Backyard Tours who can help out with aurora viewing.

Brant your trip to Scandanavia next March sounds really good. The eclipse will miss Iceland just slightly (you'd need to be offshore to see totality) but if you were in Svalbard Norway then you'd see it. It would be well worth it! I've seen two total eclipses (out of three attempts) and it is easily the most spectacular natural sight you will ever get to experience in your lifetime, without any exaggeration.