Thread: 2014 - Image of Week #14

2014 - Image of Week #14

This entry period for Week 14 will be from Monday March 31st through/including Sunday April 6th.

Only two categories of images will be judged:

1. Portraits -- Anything with eyes; people or animals
    2. Landscape -- Country, town, city, sea, abstract, things (water drops, smoke, flowers, candles, and so on)

Each category will have a single winner each week. This week will be judged by Jayson.

Please supply a title for your image and which category it is entering. Enter as many times as you would like, old or new images.

Good luck!

Either it has been terrible weather this week or everyone's camera died at the same time. What have you shot this week? Anything would be better than nothing. Sorry, itching to see some photos.

Jayson...I hear ya. I checked the forum several times a day hoping to see some pics. As for me, I've been a combination of sick (apparently, when winter never ends, neither does cold season), crazy busy at work, working on a photo project for my neice's 1 yr birthday and having internet issues. But...I just processed this one. I am still playing around with vibrance and saturation to create "enhanced" natural looks. Critiques welcomed.

Landscape---"Morning Rays"

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Portrait entry for week #14 : an image of my grand daughter titled "Stop and smell the Daffodils"

One from last night.
    Landscape: Silver Lake Sand Dunes

5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Look like the start of the new week.

Brants "Morning Rays" and Joel's "Stop and smell the Daffodils" win the week.

Thanks Jayson. Congrats Joel. I know this was a slow week, but that was a great shot by Pat.

It was a great shot. I am a sucker for stars but really liked your sunset with the waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Thanks Jayson. Congrats Joel. I know this was a slow week, but that was a great shot by Pat.
    Thanks Brant, but you had a well deserved win. Mine was more of a rerun of a similar shot I had done before. Hopefully the melting snow will open up more options for me (in another few week I should be able to get back to some other areas that I can not get to currently).

Joel:
    You also had a beautiful shot. Great flowers, but to add a little girl smelling them just puts it way over the top on the cuteness scale.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr