3 15.79%
  • Kayaker72

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Erno! - Assignment #63: Spring has Sprung

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congrats Erno! - Assignment #63: Spring has Sprung

On behalf of Assignment #61 winner, Conropl, I would like to present the finalists for Assignment #63: Spring has Sprung

As described by Pat:

After a long winter, I would like to see some signs of spring. Please submit pictures of spring in your area. Anything will do... feel free interpret liberally. Pictures showing some signs of spring. This opens it up to macros, landscapes, or portrait (or anything else).

For portraits there could be a spring theme, or a spring wedding, or spring time seems to be the time for senior pictures, or ....

The Landscape and macro seems a little more self explanatory.

Erno James' - "Spring is in the Air". Not only did it crack me up, but in Erno's usual attention to detail he even had the background of blossoming trees further enhance the theme. He even took the extra step of adding color to the spring by using a cadmium coated spring.

Clemmb
    's Granddaughter in the Texas Wild Flowers. What a beautiful portrait. It is s very well composed and exposed shot. Mark - You did a great job with a beautiful subject, and you really brought out a sense of spring with the wild flowers.

Bill W's two eagles. I have spent many a spring day watching a nesting pair of eagles. They get real active in the spring, constantly bringing food back to the nest to keep there young ones large appetites fed. This is a great action shot with the pair.

Kayake72
    's Blossoming trees in Boston. This is the essence of spring. The blossoming trees with the subtle pink. It is even more enhanced with the blossom petals on the side walk (which also serves as a nice lead line to explore the rest of the shot).

Congratulations to all the finalists. The poll will be open for one week.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 05-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.

This topic should increase the activity! I suppose many of us have been looking for signs of spring lately, at least I have. This one's from a walk in the woods yesterday. I'm not sure about the English name, but the Latin name is "Anemone Hepatica".

"Big and Small"
    Name:  IMG_2289_S.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  110.8 KB

Thanks for viewing!

Landscape: Spring is in the Air

A goofy little shot I made using the Canon 24-70 mm mounted on my 7D. The camera was handheld, but the little spring was not.

Well, Spring is in the Air by ernogy, on Flickr

very nice Erno

Arnt
    Arnt

Just a bump for the assignment.

I need to see some spring shots... even humorous ones (thanks Erno for putting a smile on my wife's and my faces). Over the last 48 hours we have had a lot of heavy rain, hail, heavy winds, tornado's, a lot of flooding, washed out roads, wide spread power outages, and now it is back to snowing again. Please show me some spring... soon
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

My granddaughter in the Texas wild flowers. Unfortunately the blue bonnets were not looking good.
    IMG_0028 by clemmb60, on Flickr

IMG_0064a_fp by clemmb60, on Flickr
    Last edited by clemmb; 04-15-2014 at 03:20 AM.
    Mark

From the nearby tulip fields. The first is my entry.

Pat you're not going to like this, but here's a photo from yesterday, at the Canmore Nordic Centre (taken with my cell phone).

Name:  IMG_20140419_144729.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  121.1 KB

Yes it's spring in Canmore! And the skiing is heavenly.

@ Erno...good one.

@ JRW....love the skunk cabbage, a true harbinger of spring.

@ Jonathan....nice shot, great time to ski, but I've had enough of the white stuff. We're finally starting to turn green here.