Thread: Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 vs Canon.

Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 vs Canon.

I have just ordered a EOS Mark III body and a Canon 70-200 F/2.8 II USM IS lens. Now I want a wide angle zoom lens to complete the package. I'm interested in a 24-70 f/2.8 lens. Canon's version does not have an image stabalizer and is over $2000. Tamron offers the same focal and aperture in their 24-70 f/2.8 with an image stabalizer for around $1300. Are there any issues concerning using a Tamron lens on a Canon body?

Don't worry about the lack of IS, the Canon 24-70 F2.8 II is quite simply a stunning lens that turns out the magical shots

Have you read Bryan's review? http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx
    My experience with Tamro has been good for the price. The zoom ring rotates opposite the canon so when I switch from one lens to another I get confused on direction. When I need to zoom quickly this is a problem. The canon is faster focusing and sharper. For these reasons I stick pretty much with canon lenses.
    Bryan mentioned inconsistent focusing. This is troubling.
    Bottom line, you usually can't go wrong with a Tamron but the canon is the better choice.
    Mark

Yep, check out Bryan's review. But I have also enjoyed this side by side "shootout" by The Camera Store.