Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going out on a limb here - a photographic rendezvous?

I am interested but would need a more detailed agenda and a description of the areas.....a bad knee prohibits me from walking and/or climbing extended distances.

So if it is this fall it would be something like November 6,7,8,9,10,11 ish. (thursday - tuesday) or just after labor day in September (my slight preference) or wait until March/April.

As far as walking very far - other than the Narrows in Zion, that is a walk - the pix of mountains are from a parking lot S. Coyote Butte is about a mile to the beginning, White Pockets is 1/4 mile or so other than these all my photos on flickr are less than 100 yards from a car . The big horn sheep was 20 yards from my car.

Antelope Canyon(s) there is a 4 drive pickup truck ride to then entrance and Upper Antelope is 1/4 long or so. 1/2 mile round trip? Kayaker has more current info, and I haven't been to lower Antelope.

I recommend going to google earth and center it on Page AZ to Kanab UT and search for Wire Pass, Buckskin Gulch, South & North Coyote Butte, White Pockets, Coral Sands. You can see the closest approach of the a road that the 4wd will get us to.

Any selection of dates and I can start building a program on it. Also up would be the house boat on Lake Mead - which typically doesn't involve much walking, and their are some slot canyons only accessible by boat.

FYI there are lot more slot canyons than just the Antelopes, Sheepshead and others are pretty darn amazing too.

Mike
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

1 or 2 miles of fairly easy terrain is cool with me if there's no rush