0 0%
  • Andy Stringer

0 0%
  • Joel Eade

11 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Joel Eade! Assignment #67: Creative Color Temperatures

Congratulations Joel Eade! Assignment #67: Creative Color Temperatures

First, let me apologize for the delay. I have been traveling for work, which usually isn't a problem, but it quickly turned into 12-14 hr days, so I didn't have time to get this poll up until now.

I would like to present the topic for Assignment #67: Creative Color Temperatures.

I imagine we each have something we fixate upon. I tend to look at color temperature. I find that even slight changes in color temperature can completely change the image. It can set mood, set a tone, changes will highlight or mute colors, and, if done well, it can make the unnatural feel natural. So, this assignment is to be creative with color temperature. Use color temperature control the feel of an image. The changes can be slight or surreal.

The Finalists:

Given the number of entries, I limited myself to three finalists. But given the quality of the entries, not an easy task. All of these were great examples of what I had intended with this assignment.

Jayson. I was smitten with this photo as soon as Jayson posted it. Great detail and the color temperature adjusted to give it a great warm feel.

Andy Stringer: I was debating between Andy's shots on my phone all week. But as soon as I saw this on my home monitor, the detail in the bubbles and the light burst jumped out to me. Here, not only does the shift in color temperature gives it the cool/cold feel, but I also suspect it helps bring out the detail. Great shot.

Joel Eade: As Pat has already said, this shot jumped out to me as well. Great detail with the color temperature adjusted more to the extreme, but it provides a feel like this was shot on an epically warm sunrise/sunset.

Poll will be open for 1 week. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-23-2014 at 03:53 PM.

I'll start this round off. I hopefully will have more to add. I took this during the golden hour but the grass cooled the photo down drastically. I warmed the photo and came up with this.

Zach
    guess I put up something

One week to go on this assignment!

Entry #2 - Glow

I set the colour temperature to 'Tungsten' for this shot of a water droplet:
    Water Drop - Crown by Andrew Stringer, on Flickr

I applied a subtle warming and some extra tint for this sunrise shot from a mountain side:
    Cul Mor from Stac Pollaidh by Andrew Stringer, on Flickr

Shot last week. Stared at "Florescent" and tweaked it from there.

Frankfort Lighthouse-6148 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

This is from trip with Bob Williams to The Bosque Wildlfie Refuge.

This is group of Sandhill Cranes coming in for a landing. I adjusted the blacks to create a silhouette and then radically increased the color temp on the background.

Great entries so far. Submission period closes this Sunday night so last weekend to enter.

Last day to enter