Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Creative Cloud for $9.99/month?

Adobe Creative Cloud for $9.99/month?

Don't know if this is common knowledge (I apologize if it is), but I have been considering moving from DPP to Lightroom and I stumbled across Adobe Creative Cloud available through Amazon for $9.99 per month starting on Aug 4th. I'm not sure if I'm missing some fine print or something (I did look), but this seems like an astoundingly good deal?

I think it only includes Photoshop CC and Lightroom. What else would I use as someone who just does photography and not video?
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

I think there are other Adobe Products included but I am not sure of that....you can find out at their web site.

It's good in that you get all the upgrades automatically at no additional cost but if you were happy with CS4 or CS5 you may have never chosen to shell out the money for CS6 anyway. So for some folks it will be more expensive over time. Plus there is no guarantee it will stay at $9.95 a month

The-Digital-Picture.com covered the news on June 18:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...aspx?News=9889

[Using the links embedded in the news post will help the site]

I've been using Adobe Photoshop CC for several months now and love it. It's well worth the $9.99 monthly investment to get PS CC + LR 5.

Thanks, Sean! I clicked the links.

I have to decide if I'm going to spring for this versus just getting Lightroom alone (purchasing outright, no subscription). Right now, I really only use DPP. Personally, I have really not liked the idea of having to pay monthly to use software (I ranted and raved about Microsoft Office subscription when it came out). I would rather own something forever that I could be happy with forever. I would still be perfectly happy with the Photoshop Elements 8 that I have if it were able to process my RAW shots anymore.

Since I really don't use anything more hefty than DPP, just having Lightroom alone would be a big upgrade for me with its enhanced adjustment abilities. Plus the organizing, which I really need.

Any other edits, like borders and watermarks, could be done with the finished jpeg in PSE 8, right?

I think I just talked myself out of the subscription and into Lightroom alone. Funny how that works.
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

I detest the idea of renting software, I own a copy of LR5 and Photoshop Elements along with DPP, those work fine for me.
    --

I've grown to love the flexibility that Photoshop gives me. I don't enjoy using Lightroom - I only use it when I have a specific need for it. I find it cumbersome and counter-intuitive most of the time. That's why I go from DPP straight to Photoshop for most of my best shots. If I didn't have Photoshop, I'm sure I'd dive into LR and learn its ins and outs thoroughly. But that hasn't been the case.

So considering that, I pay $9.99/mo for Photoshop CC. And while I didn't like the idea of renting software (at first), I've come to thoroughly appreciate the value I get with CC; it's the same feeling I get with Netflix (which I use every day).

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I've grown to love the flexibility that Photoshop gives me. I don't enjoy using Lightroom - I only use it when I have a specific need for it. I find it cumbersome and counter-intuitive most of the time. That's why I go from DPP straight to Photoshop for most of my best shots. If I didn't have Photoshop, I'm sure I'd dive into LR and learn its ins and outs thoroughly. But that hasn't been the case.

So considering that, I pay $9.99/mo for Photoshop CC. And while I didn't like the idea of renting software (at first), I've come to thoroughly appreciate the value I get with CC; it's the same feeling I get with Netflix (which I use every day).
    Same for me!

I joined up in March. I have elements but was starting to see things in Photoshop that I wanted to try. As I didn't already own CS, this penciled out as a great deal. My biggest concern is that they'll start upping the charges, but so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    I detest the idea of renting software, I own a copy of LR5 and Photoshop Elements along with DPP, those work fine for me.
    I feel the same, it's a slippery slope, much like Pay TV. It's 9.99 this month and NEXT MONTH??? Oh, and you do need MS Office 365 as well don't you? And what about that other software? Sure I can afford $200+ a month for software!! No problem.

I believe if the trend takes, I will have a number of Lap tops for sale!!!!
    Let No One Walk Alone
    --------------
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post

Darnit Sean, why do you have to go and make such good sense? Now it's back to being complicated.

Here's the thing: I use PSE so rarely, that I can't even remember how to do basic things like adding borders and watermarks and dodging and burning, let alone the more complicated stuff. PSE has NEVER made intuitive sense to me. I feel like not only would I have to take a class to learn it, but I would have to use it at least a few times a week to remember how to do stuff in the long term. And I just don't have that kind of time with a full-time job and three little boys. I barely have time to convert my photos in DPP to JPEGs so my wife can have access to them.

The whole reason I even started looking at LR5 is because I've seen some videos of the very simple adjustments you can make using it that can give you really great results. It seems like it is more versatile than DPP. Plus it has the whole organizer side of it, which I would really need.

Is that true, that LR5 can do what DPP does but better? Or at least with more tools? Because if that's the case, I think I should go ahead with LR5.

I have the feeling that since I've never gotten the hang of using PSE, the full Photoshop CC would be a complete waste on me. Not to mention very frustrating.

Thoughts?

Alex